Fraser Academy- THE WRITING PROCESS
March 6, 2021
Did you ever wonder how to help the child who can never start to write their essay or who struggles to understand the structure of a sentence or a paragraph? This workshop will delve into the why and how these challenges arise for learners and what we can do to help them be successful in the writing process.
This full day, research-based workshop includes an overview of how the writing process and the brain are linked. We will explore the facets of writing and how to teach it with a cognitive, cumulative and sequential approach that makes it accessible to all learners. You will learn to mediate instruction, develop oral language skills to facilitate higher level thinking, and apply multisensory techniques for teaching the writing process.
- November 28, 2020 – 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
March 6, 2020 – 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- This course is intended for practicing educators such as teachers and tutors.
- Fraser Academy – 2294 West 10 Ave, Vancouver
- A Bachelor’s Degree, Experience in the field of education
- $285 (Early bird rate: $250 when registered 2 months before workshop.)
APPLY NOWApplication deadline is one-week prior to start date.
ISABC Sr School Principals Online Meeting
March 11, 2021 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Please see the Leadership calendar for Zoom link details.