We are seeking a qualified Associate Faculty (Grades K-7) to join our Wentworth campus. This opportunity provides a stepping-stone into the world of teaching. Most of our current teachers started out as members of our Associate Faculty. The successful candidate is a flexible, dynamic, collaborative, inspirational, educator who is looking to become part of a vibrant teaching and learning community.
This position is a Temporary Contract from December 2021 or February 2022 to June 30, 2022. We welcome applications from newly qualified and experienced teachers.
- Work with a teacher mentor
- Collaborate with staff and faculty at team meetings
- Participate in Pro D opportunities
- Support with TOC opportunities throughout the school
- Take part in team teaching
- Support children one on one and in small groups
- Take on minimal School Age Care responsibilities and recess coverage
- Participate in extra curricular activities
- Bachelor of Education
- Certified (or in the process of becoming certified) by the British Columbia Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch
- Excellent management, organizational, interpersonal and relationship skills
- Creative flexibility and ability to work in a student centered environment
- Demonstrated oral, written, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build collaborative and effective relationships with students, staff, parents and the community
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
Our “Must Haves”
- Committed to creating and continuing an environment that values diversity and inclusion for all community members
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Self motivated, energetic and fun!
We offer a very competitive salary, a very generous benefits package, including Extended Health, Dental, Sick Days, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by December 6, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit can61.dayforcehcm.com.