Casual position, starting as soon as possible
Located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, St. Michaels University School (SMUS) is a Kindergarten to Grade 12 co-educational day and boarding school with a global reputation for academic excellence.
Our students from over 30 countries all over the world have opportunities in athletics, arts, leadership, service and outdoor education, and are inspired by an extraordinary staff committed to character growth and preparing students for what lies ahead in life. The school’s Mission shapes these endeavours: Our school seeks the excellence in all of us, with passion and compassion. We are a community shaped by the pursuit of truth and goodness, providing outstanding preparation for life.
Reporting to the Manager of Ancillary Services, the Laundry Attendant will be responsible for performing routine duties involved in providing laundry services for boarding students at St. Michaels University School.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
· Sorting, washing, drying, pressing, and folding clothing, towels, sheets and other items.
· Performing minor sewing duties.
· Tracking which items belong to whom and distributing to students’ personal boxes.
· Ensuring that the facility remains clean at all times.
· Other duties as required.
· High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
· Prior experience in a similar role is preferred.
· Familiarity with cleaning detergents and laundering equipment.
· Capacity to work at a moderate to high level of physical effort including the ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 40 pounds.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Available to work shifts and on weekends with little advance notice.
· Basic knowledge of computer skills, especially email.
Criminal Record Check:
Must pass and maintain a clear Solicitor General criminal record check for the purpose of working with children.
Please apply to https://www.smus.ca/careers/ with a cover letter and résumé in a single document by 12 noon on Monday, March 29, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.smus.ca.