Type: Permanent, 12-month position
Department: Afterschool Care /Auxiliary Programs
Reports to: Auxiliary Programs Coordinator
Interfaces with: Faculty, staff, students and the entire school community
After School Care (ASC), Clubs, Camps, and Summer Programs are offered to Stratford Hall families and are an integral part of the school’s commitment to families. The Classroom Assistant & After School Care role is integral to the success of Stratford Hall’s ASC, Clubs and Summer Programs.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Ability to use judgment when providing information
● Collaborative and flexible team-player
● Ability to provide care and mature guidance to children
● Self starter and comfortable leading groups of children
Qualifications and Experience
● An Educational Assistant/ECE certificate, equivalent, or higher – preferred
● Previous work experience with children, preferably in a school setting
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
● Supervision and crosswalk duty during breaks (recess/lunch).
● In-class support for Kindergarten to Grade 5.
● Facilitate student learning by following the teacher’s directions in working with individuals and groups of students.
● Assist with the setup, use and organization of learning resources.
● Be active in the classroom to help reinforce behavioural expectations, redirecting students as necessary.
After School Care (ASC) and Camps:
(In addition to working in the ASC Program during the school year, the Classroom Assistant/After School Care also works in day camps throughout the school year and during winter, spring and summer holidays)
● Assist in the provision of a variety of age appropriate learning and play opportunities that align with the School’s mission and vision.
● Lead groups of children in specific sports, games, crafts and learning activities.
● Manage behaviours and adapt activities to meet the needs of groups or individuals.
Compensation: $24.75 per hour plus 4% vacation pay. Benefits include Health & Dental, AD&D, Life and LTD. RRSP Matching program, 2 paid personal days and paid sick time.
All interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume, attention Junior School Principal, to [email protected] . We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Stratford Hall. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled.
We are committed to supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, including applicants from historically underrepresented groups such as BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability, and require accommodation in either the recruitment process or on the job, we will work together with you to provide the reasonable workplace accommodations you need.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.