St. John’s School – Artist in Residence
An IB World School, St. John’s School is an independent, co-educational, non-denominational, university preparatory day school situated in the Kitsilano neighborhood of Vancouver. Serving 570 JK through Grade 12 students in an urban setting, St. John’s boasts a vibrant, accomplished, well rounded student community striving for excellence in academics, athletics and the arts. One hundred percent of graduates are accepted by the best post-secondary programmes around the world.
St. John’s is a member of the Independent Schools Association of BC, the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools, and an IB World School offering the Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes.
St. John’s School is seeking a qualified and experienced Artist to be the School’s Artist in Residence. This is a one term (10 to 12 week) position starting in late November 2021 and continuing to Spring Break in mid-March.
Specific responsibilities will include:
– Meet with the relevant Heads of Departments (HOD) and teachers to plan units of work, projects and lesson activities (the selection of these teachers is dependent on the type of artistic practice);
– Work with students and teachers in classes from K to 12 on student projects. These projects are owned by the students/school. Supplies for these projects are provided by the school and will be planned with the teachers and HODs;
– Work on their own artistic practice in the Artist in Residence workspace. This is work on the artist’s own works for which they bring in their own supplies and for which they retain ownership;
– Provide artworks to be displayed on campus for a period of one year;
– Contribute art pieces and attend the relevant Arts Showcase at the school.
St. John’s offers a very competitive and comprehensive salary package. Salary is negotiable and will be between $10,000 – $15,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
All interested candidates should forward their resumes, along with the names, addresses and phone numbers of three referees, and a cover letter, in confidence addressed to:
Mr. Trevor Gale – St. John’s School
2215 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC, V6K 2J1
Or electronically to:
[email protected] Closing Date: April 30, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.