Position: Education Assistant
Start Date: March 27, 2023
Urban Academy is a rapidly growing independent school in New Westminster located in a beautiful new facility across the street from Braid Street Skytrain Station. Our mission is to empower creative and courageous leadership by delivering exceptional education through the integration of arts, science, and technology. We value creativity, collaboration, technology, the outdoors and the arts as means through which we can offer excellence in education.
Urban Academy is currently inviting dedicated, team-oriented people to apply for our Education Assistant position.
Individuals should possess:
– A Teaching Assistant Certificate, or undergraduate degree, and/or related experience working in an education setting. The candidates may include individuals currently enrolled in an accredited institution training for certification in either Early Childhood Education, Community Support, or Educational Assistant.
– Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
– Strong written and oral English skills
– An excellent rapport with children
– A willingness to work collaboratively in a teaching environment
– Flexibility to work across a range of grades and disciplines
Specific Duties include:
– Direct instruction under the guidance of classroom teachers and resource specialists
– Small group instruction and supervision within the classroom environment
– Playground and classroom supervision during breaks and transitions
– Some administrative duties as assigned
– Involvement in our Out of School Care (OOSC) program:
– Transitioning students to and from our OOSC program
– Supervision in our OOSC Program at non-instructional times as required
– Shadowing and observing staff on occasion
Please visit our website (www.urbanacademy.ca) to learn more about UA’s wonderful school life and see if this is the type of environment that you feel you could thrive in, and contribute to. At Urban Academy we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, from BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-ins please. The successful applicant(s) is required to sign an “Employee/Applicant – Consent to a Criminal Record Check” form, which results in a return clearance letter showing no criminal record found for the purpose of working with children. This clearance letter is a condition of employment.
Please email your cover letter and resumé to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.