Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC.
Our vision is socially responsible students pursuing passions for a better world. We are committed to contributing positively to our local and global communities, environmental stewardship, and supporting the wellbeing, and inclusion of all people. Through the pursuit of passions, students will find their unique purpose in the world.
At Collingwood, we seek faculty and staff who live our values of courage, curiosity and community to be in service of others and, who are inspired by our mission to inspire and support young people for meaningful lives.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, from BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
We are looking for an exceptional, experienced Spanish Teacher to join our Morven Campus (Grades 8-12). The ideal candidate is a caring and passionate educator who revels in the craft and power of language. Both engaging and innovative, the candidate is a collaborative educator who demonstrates excellence in instructional and assessment practices and who is committed to ongoing professional growth. The candidate will contribute to the many facets of school life, which will include coaching and extra-curricular responsibilities. This is a Permanent Full-Time position that will start August 26, 2022.
What you will be doing:
· Prepare and deliver the Spanish Teaching requirements and beyond, following the BC Ministry of Education curriculum.
· Create a learning environment that enables individual learners to thrive – through adaptation and differentiation – within a highly motivated learning environment.
· Teach both Middle (8-9) and Senior (10-12) Spanish classes; this may include a role as a grade team and/or AP course leader.
· Engage in ongoing professional development; motivated and willing to take risks in the implementation of new pedagogical and assessment practice.
What you need:
· Bachelor of Education; a Master’s degree or equivalent is an asset
· Advanced level of the Spanish language
· Experience teaching Spanish at the Grade 8 -12 level; AP training and experience is an asset
· Strong problem solving and organizational skills
· Passionate about inspiring students to learn and grow
· Dynamic and energetic team player with excellent interpersonal skills
· Driven to take risks in the development of new pedagogical and assessment practices
· Certified (or in the process of becoming certified) by the British Columbia Ministry of Education
· Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
Our “Must Haves”
· Respect, dignity and inclusion for all members of the community
· Collaborative mind-set and courageous approach to adversity
· Demonstrated communications skills (oral and written)
· Creative “out-of-the-box” thinker
· Flexible and adaptable and embraces change
· Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
· Enthusiasm, eagerness and genuine interest in all aspects of the school’s success
· Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal-oriented)
We offer professional development opportunities, competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, including RRSP, Personal Days and access to a Health Spending Account, health and wellness initiatives, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by August 16, 2022.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.
To apply for this job please visit can62e2.dayforcehcm.com.