Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
At Collingwood, we are uncommon, unbounded and unassuming. We search for teachers and educators who think differently, who are willing to learn and who are experts in academics, arts, athletics or service.
We are seeking a qualified School Age Care Worker to join our Wentworth campus (JK – Grade 7). This position will work directly within the school age program facilitating activities for children ages K-5. This is a Temporary Contract position from September 7th 2021– June 25th 2022 with the possibility of continuing in the future. The working hours are 10 per week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 7.15am to 9.15am and Wednesday: 7.15am to 9.50am.
· Follow all the licensing regulations and School Age Care handbook
· Interact directly with the children and with other staff wrking in school Age Care
· Assist with the planning and set up School Age Care
· Establish and maintain positive communication with parents
· Maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity areas
· Ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to licensing and school requirements
· Release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian
· Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the school, the children, their families, staff and faculty
· Maintain regular attendance, punctuality and professionalism at all times
· Ensure fire, earthquake and wildlife sighting drills are up to date
· First Aid certificate
· Completion of Grade 12 and minimum age is 19
· Courses/Degree/Certificate (at least 20 hours in duration) in child development, guidance health and safety or nutrition and preferably an ECE diploma or certificate
· Experience working with children in a child care setting as an Assistant ECE
· Excellent management, organizational, interpersonal and relationship skills
· Creative flexibility and ability to work in a student centered environment
· Ability to build collaborative and effective relationships with students, staff, parents and the community
Our “Must Haves”
· Committed to creating and continuing an environment that values diversity and inclusion for all community members
· Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
· Desire to excel and succeed
· Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal-oriented)
· Self motivated, energetic and fun!
We offer a competitive salary, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by June 14, 2021 to https://can60.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/cws/Posting/View/257
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit can60.dayforcehcm.com.