Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
At Collingwood, we are uncommon, unbounded and unassuming. We seek teachers who think differently, who are willing to learn and who are experts in academics, arts, athletics or service.
We are seeking an Intermediate Inclusive Education (Learning Resource) Teacher to join our Inclusive Education Department at Wentworth Campus (JK – Grade 7) working primarily with our Grade 6/7 students. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, collaborative, inspirational, tech-savvy educator with experience working with students who have diagnosed learning differences, and who is looking to become a part of a vibrant teaching and learning community. This is a Temporary Contract position from Oct 12, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
· Deliver the curriculum as per the BC Ministry requirements
· Differentiate lessons to meet the needs of all students while creating a rigorous learning environment
· Motivated to learn and improve teaching practice with an emphasis on personal and social development, critical and creative thinking skills, communication and effective assessment
· Collaborate with other members of faculty within the grade team and school to create innovative lessons and units that embrace the universal design for learning framework
· Build collaborative and effective relationships with students, staff, parents and the community
· Bachelor of Education with experience and training in teaching students with learning challenges
· Master’s Degree or specific course work in Special Education
· Orton Gillingham Multi-sensory Phonics and Numeracy tutoring certification
· Knowledge of differentiated learning approaches
· Familiar with the BC curriculum
· Experience contributing to the writing of IEP goals
· Excellent interpersonal skills including a positive and proactive approach
· Demonstrated organization and communication skills
· A passion for ongoing learning and professional development
· Flexibility, accountability, and integrity
· Exceptional teaching skills, with a creative approach
· Certified (or in the process of becoming certified) by the British Columbia Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch
· Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
Our “Must Haves”
· Committed to creating and continuing an environment that values diversity and inclusion for all community members
· Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
· A team player attitude
· Desire to help each student achieve personal success
· Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
· Self motivated, energetic and fun
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by May 10, 2021.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit can60.dayforcehcm.com.