Permanent, Full-Time (from August 2021)
Mulgrave is an International Baccalaureate Continuum school offering the PYP (PK-Grade 5), MYP (Grades 6-10) and DP (Grades 11-12). As an IB school, language learning is a core element of our educational program, and all students study at least one language in addition to English, starting in PreK. Students are encouraged and supported to achieve a high level of proficiency by dedicated language teachers working in a collegial and well-resourced teaching environment.
We offer language acquisition courses in French, Spanish, and Mandarin Chinese, as well as language and literature courses for native-level speakers of Mandarin. We also offer a robust mother-tongue support program for heritage speakers of all languages.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach IB MYP and/or DP French language acquisition courses
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of and passion for the French language and Francophone cultures
- Collaborate with the other members of the European Languages team to continuously develop and strengthen our language learning program, both in and out of the classroom
- Connect with and inspire students to outstanding achievement in language learning
- Serve as Homeroom Advisor for a group of approximately 12 Senior School (Grades 10-12) students
- Supervise Extended Essays or Personal Projects, as assigned by the Principal
- Lead or supervise at least one co-curricular activity per year, based on interest and experience
- Must be a Canadian resident and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Hold BC teacher certification, or meet all TRB requirements and be willing and able to obtain certification to teach in BC
- An appropriate academic background and preparation for teaching French, with native-level command of the language, both oral & written
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time teaching experience at the secondary level
Preferred Experience and Qualities:
- At least 5 years of experience teaching French language to adolescents
- Experience teaching DP French B (ideally including at Higher Level)
- Experience teaching MYP French
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes
- Involvement with the IB Educator Network as a Workshop Leader, Examiner, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong organisational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
- The ability to teach Spanish would be an asset in this role
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- Professional and career development/training opportunities
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal day
- Employee assistance program
- Plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues during our various social events throughout the year
- Complimentary coffee & tea
- Fitness / weight room & trainer
- Chair massages
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. For further information and a detailed job description, you are invited to visit our website at www.mulgrave.com. Resumes should be emailed by January 31, 2021 by visiting https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs.
Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation. We thank all interested parties. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.