Collingwood School is a gender-inclusive day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC.
Our vision is socially responsible students pursuing passions for a better world. We are committed to contributing positively to our local and global communities, environmental stewardship, and supporting the wellbeing, and inclusion of all people. Through the pursuit of passions, students will find their unique purpose in the world.
At Collingwood, we seek faculty and staff who live our values of courage, curiosity and community to be in service of others and, who are inspired by our mission to inspire and support young people for meaningful lives.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, from BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
We are looking for a Teacher Intern to join our Morven campus (Grades 8 -12). The ideal candidate will be a passionate and committed educator and have expertise in secondary education with a teaching specialization in Entrepreneurship or STEM. Applicants will be required to contribute to the many facets of school life, which will include coaching and extra-curricular responsibilities. This is a Temporary Contract position until June 30, 2023.
- Daily TOC coverage of classes
- Working with, and being mentored by, talented educators in either the Middle or Senior School
- Connecting and collaborating with their assigned department
- Supporting or leading co-curricular activities throughout the year in one of our 4 strands: Arts, Athletics, Academics and Service
- Certified (or in the process of becoming certified) by the British Columbia Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or the equivalent
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada (Citizen, PR, or valid work permit)
Preferred qualifications and experiences:
- Entrepreneurship, Business and/or STEM experience and/or teaching
- Passion for supporting co-curricular programming at a secondary school level
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in providing pastoral care for young adults
Our “Must Haves”:
- Respect, dignity and inclusion for all members of the community
- Collaborative mind-set and courageous approach to adversity
- Demonstrated communications skills (oral and written)
- Creative “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Flexible and adaptable and embraces change
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Enthusiasm, eagerness and genuine interest in all aspects of the school’s success
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal-oriented)
We offer professional development opportunities, competitive salaries, sick and personal days, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by January 30, 2023 to https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/cws/JobApplication?postingid=680
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please visit our website for more information about our school
To apply for this job please visit can63.dayforcehcm.com.