Collingwood School is a gender-inclusive day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC.
Our vision is socially responsible students pursuing passions for a better world. We are committed to contributing positively to our local and global communities, environmental stewardship, and supporting the wellbeing, and inclusion of all people. Through the pursuit of passions, students will find their unique purpose in the world.
At Collingwood, we seek faculty and staff who live our values of courage, curiosity and community to be in service of others and, who are inspired by our mission to inspire and support young people for meaningful lives.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, from BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
We are seeking a Student Intern to join our Morven Campus (Grades 8-12) in the Visual Art Department as an Art Tech. The successful candidate is a current university student who is looking to become part of a vibrant teaching and learning community. This is a Temporary Contract position until June 23, 2023 and the candidate will be involved in supporting students and the school during the school year from 6 to 10 hours per week (Monday through Friday).
- Ordering and, as needed, picking-up art supplies from outside vendors
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of all art supplies and resources
- Supporting teachers and students in maintaining tidiness of art studio spaces and supply rooms
- Cross checking accuracy of material and supply orders as they are delivered on campus
- Organizing and labeling of supply room cupboards
- Organizing/removing/recycling old student artwork and archiving as needed
- Framing, mounting and labelling artwork for display
- Putting up artwork around the school for ongoing student art exhibits
- Creating, editing and organizing photos/videos of student artwork for social media, yearbook, school website and student portfolios (if needed)
- Maintaining confidentiality of all information related to Collingwood School, the students, their families and staff
- Assisting with administrative tasks
- Additional duties as required
- Currently enrolled in a continuing education program
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or Google Workspace
- Attention to detail
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Able to climb standard height ladders to hang art installations
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle (for occasional equipment pick-up)
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
Preferred qualifications and experiences
- Graduate of Collingwood School
- An interest and some experience in art, design and/or creative spaces
Our “Must Haves”
- Respect, dignity and inclusion for all members of the community
- Collaborative mind-set and courageous approach to adversity
- Demonstrated communications skills (oral and written)
- Creative “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Flexible and adaptable and embraces change
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Enthusiasm, eagerness and genuine interest in all aspects of the school’s success
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal-oriented.
We offer professional development opportunities and competitive salaries, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by December 9, 2022 to https://can62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/cws/JobApplication?postingid=654
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please visit our website for more information about our school.
To apply for this job please visit can62e2.dayforcehcm.com.