Temporary, Full Time
Are you a new teacher candidate looking to jump-start your teaching career at one of Vancouver’s leading Independent Schools? If you are, this opportunity is for you! We are seeking an Associate Teacher to start in August until the end of the 2021.22 academic year.
One of the key strategic goals for Mulgrave is to ensure learning in all divisions is personalised and differentiated in a variety of ways. To this end, we have one associate teacher in every classroom from Pre-K to Grade 3 and one associate teacher for each grade team from Grades 4-6. Through the implementation of effective co-teaching strategies, students will reap the benefits of a more personalised curriculum.
Candidates will be expected to have:
- Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC certificate and hold an age appropriate First Aid Certificate
Successful Candidates will:
- Actively seek to build understanding of current educational developments
- Have a strong desire to work with children
- Have a desire to build on your career in the education industry
- Use technology to enhance and enrich the learning environment
- Embrace flexibility and open-mindedness, and demonstrating a willingness to be collaborative, innovative, and take initiative
- Be open and receptive to feedback
- Maintain a professional demeanor and modelling an understanding of the school’s mission, vision, and values
- 8:00 am – 4:00 pm with the understanding that these may occasionally extend beyond 4:00 pm
- Be available to assist with new student assessments on one or two Saturdays during the year
The base salary for this position is $45,000 plus a $6,000 stipend for qualified teachers.
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. For further information and a detailed job description, you are invited to visit our website at www.mulgrave.com.
Interviews will be on-going. Please apply by visiting https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs.
Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation. We thank all interested parties. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mulgrave.bamboohr.com.