Temporary Full-time 2020.21 Academic Year
Mulgrave School is a world-class, innovative independent school located in West Vancouver, who is committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12.
The appointee will be responsible for teaching three classes of IB DP Environmental Systems & Societies, as well as MYP Integrated Science and/or a Grade 10 Biology or ESS elective. The successful candidate will serve as a Senior School Homeroom Co-Advisor and contribute to the co-curricular programme according to their interests and experience. In addition to a 50-75% teaching role, the position involves serving as a coverage teacher (TOC) in the Middle and Upper School (grades 7-12) as needed.
*Please note that the start date of this position is flexible: ASAP is preferable, up to the latest date of December 1, 2020
Including but not limited to:
- Teach IB DP Environmental Systems and other science courses in Grades 7-10
- Connect with and inspire students to achieve their personal best and develop an authentic passion for the sciences
- Serve as Homeroom Co-Advisor for a group of approximately 12 Senior School students
- Lead at least one co-curricular activity
- Provide coverage for other classes as needed, up to 1.0 FT equivalent
- Must be a Canadian resident and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be certified to teach in British Columbia, or meet all of the requirements to obtain BC certification
- Experience teaching environmental science or related subjects at the high school level
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or the equivalent
Preferred Experience and Qualities:
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes
- Experience teaching DP Environmental Systems and Societies
- Advanced degree in a science or education-related field
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong organisational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. For further information and a detailed job description, you are invited to visit our website at www.mulgrave.com.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by October 25, 2020. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mulgrave.bamboohr.com.