Collingwood School is a gender-inclusive day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC.
Our vision is socially responsible students pursuing passions for a better world. We are committed to contributing positively to our local and global communities, environmental stewardship, and supporting the wellbeing, and inclusion of all people. Through the pursuit of passions, students will find their unique purpose in the world.
At Collingwood, we seek faculty and staff who live our values of courage, curiosity and community to be in service of others and, who are inspired by our mission to inspire and support young people for meaningful lives.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, from BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
We are seeking a qualified Associate Faculty to join our Wentworth campus (JK-Grade 7). This opportunity provides a stepping-stone into the world of teaching and most of our current teachers started out as members of our Associate Faculty. The successful candidate is a flexible, dynamic, collaborative, inspirational, educator who is looking to become part of a vibrant teaching and learning community. This position is a Temporary Contract from August 25, 2023 to June 28, 2024. We welcome applications from newly qualified and experienced teachers.
- Work with a teacher mentor
- Collaborate with staff and faculty at team meetings
- Participate in Pro D opportunities
- Support with TOC opportunities throughout the school
- Help out with lesson preparation
- Take part in team teaching
- Support children one on one and in small groups
- Take on some School Age Care responsibilities and recess coverage
- Participate in extracurricular activities
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or the equivalent
- BC Teaching Certification
- Basic First Aid
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
Our Must Haves”
- Respect, dignity and inclusion for all members of the community
- Collaborative mind-set and courageous approach to adversity
- Demonstrated communications skills (oral and written)
- Creative “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Flexible and adaptable and embraces change
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Enthusiasm, eagerness and genuine interest in all aspects of the school’s success
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal-oriented)
We offer a very competitive salary, wellness initiatives along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by April 15, 2023 to https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/cws/JobApplication?postingid=761
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.
To apply for this job please visit can63.dayforcehcm.com.