Collingwood School is a gender-inclusive day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC.
Our vision is socially responsible students pursuing passions for a better world. We are committed to contributing positively to our local and global communities, environmental stewardship, and supporting the wellbeing, and inclusion of all people. Through the pursuit of passions, students will find their unique purpose in the world.
At Collingwood, we seek faculty and staff who live our values of courage, curiosity and community to be in service of others and, who are inspired by our mission to inspire and support young people for meaningful lives.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, from BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
We are looking for qualified teachers to join our Wentworth campus (JK – Grade 7) as members of our Associate Faculty (Grade 1-7). This opportunity provides a stepping-stone into the world of teaching and most of our current teachers started out as members of our Associate Faculty. The successful candidate is a flexible, dynamic, collaborative, inspirational, educator who is looking to become part of a vibrant teaching and learning community. This is a Temporary Contract position for the 2024-2025 school year, with a possibility of an extension. We welcome applications from newly qualified and experienced teachers.
- Work with a teacher mentorCollaborate with staff and faculty
- Support with Teacher-On-Call needs throughout the school
- Support children one on one and in small groups
- Participate in ISABC and BC Pro D opportunities
- Take on some School Age Care responsibilities and recess coverage
- Participate in extracurricular activities
- Bachelor of Education Degree
- BC Teaching Certification
- Basic First Aid
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
Our “Must Haves”
- Respect, dignity and inclusion for all members of the community
- Collaborative mind-set and courageous approach to adversity
- Demonstrated communications skills (oral and written)
- Creative “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Flexible and adaptable and embraces change
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Enthusiasm, eagerness and genuine interest in all aspects of the school’s success
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal-oriented)
We offer professional development opportunities, competitive salaries, health and wellness initiatives, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work! If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by March 29, 2024.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please visit our website for more information about our school.
To apply for this job please visit can232.dayforcehcm.com.