Temporary Full-time (Maternity Leave)
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are now seeking applicants for the role of Human Resources Coordinator to start late May 2021.
The Human Resources Coordinator’s primary role is to provide coordination and administrative support to the Director of Talent Recruitment & Development. This role plays an integral role in the accuracy and integrity of the HRIS database.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide day to day clerical and administrative support to the HR department by:
- Oversee the tracking applicants, setting up interviews, and assist with all related administrative correspondence
- Assist with reference checking
- Participate in screening resumes and interviewing when required
- Oversee and ensure the accurate posting of positions to various websites & Mulgrave website
- Welcomes new employees to the organisation by assisting with and participating in the orientation & on-boarding processes
- Assist HR with employee relations and requests
- Update & maintain secure and confidential HR record-keeping and documentation in personnel files
- Prepare various reports using excel, google docs and HRB programs
- Prepares all correspondence for departing staff, maternity & medical leaves and/or resignations
Policies & Procedures:
- Update staff handbook policies and procedures under the direction of the HR Director
- Research policies, keep current with laws, rules and regulations
- Current diploma in Human Resources education program
- 1 to 3 years work experience in Human Resources
- Basic knowledge of employment law
- Good working knowledge of databases and websites and proficiency in various computer applications
- Strong organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritize assignments, meet deadlines, multi-task and meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team
- The ability to manage and maintain highly confidential information
- Good verbal /written communication skills and the ability to get along with all staff
- Flexibility to take on other administrative and HR duties as required
- Flexibility to work some evenings /weekends as required and participate in school functions, events and meetings
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and detailed job description.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by March 7, 2021. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mulgrave.bamboohr.com.