Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are now seeking applicants for the role of Education Assistant to start in August 2022.
Mulgrave’s Junior School inspires students to achieve their personal best by providing a rich and varied inquiry-based programme that develops students’ skills, promotes curiosity and love of learning, and prioritises well-being. Teaching and learning are based on the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme framework and philosophy, and enriched by opportunities for exploration in the arts, athletics, outdoor education, service, leadership, and more.
Our Junior School is a fast-paced and highly collaborative professional environment, where innovation is encouraged and student learning and well-being drive everything we do. Teaching and learning are supported by a team of Learning Strategies teachers and assistants who work closely with the Personal Counseling team to ensure that all students receive the individualised support they need to reach their personal best.
In order to provide the best possible learning environment for our highly diverse, multicultural student population, Mulgrave actively seeks to recruit teachers from groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in independent and international school faculties. BIPoC and 2SLGBTQ+ educators and those with disabilities are warmly encouraged to apply, and invited to reach out for more information about our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
Reporting to the PYP Learning Strategies Coordinator and Junior School Principal, the Education Assistant will assist with programming for students who have been identified as having additional educational needs. Working under the guidance of the Learning Strategies teachers, the Education Assistant will work with students, families, and classroom teachers to successfully support Individual Education Plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
Including but not limited to the following:
- Work with students with learning needs in an inclusive classroom setting as well as on an individual or small group basis
- Support students in a variety of subject areas with planning, organization, time management and study skills
- Support IEP recommendations, review strategies and document student progress
- Prepare additional resources and materials to support students with learning differences
- Work with classroom teachers to help them understand the needs of students
- Support and monitor student(s) with medical condition as scheduled throughout each day
All Mulgrave faculty are expected to:
- Develop a learning environment that builds positive relationships and fosters an ethic of care
- Identify and select instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs
- Use relevant technology to enhance instruction and learning
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress for the purposes of teaching, learning and reporting
- Participate in faculty and parent meetings and special events
- Model respectful and timely communication with students, colleagues and parents
- Attend professional development workshops as required by the school
- Endorse the school’s mission and values
- Must be a Canadian resident and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Meet all of the requirements to be an EA in BC
- Hold or be willing to obtain an age-appropriate First Aid Certificate
Preferred Experience and Qualities:
- Relevant training and coursework in Special Education
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes, particularly the PYP
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong organisational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- Professional and career development/training opportunities
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal day
- Employee assistance program
- Plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues during our various social events throughout the year
- Complimentary coffee & tea
- Fitness / weight room & trainer
- Chair massages
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.com/jobs/ by August 7, 2022. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mulgrave.bamboohr.com.