Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer the Director of Information and Learning Technology will be an active member of our client’s leadership team, managing all aspects of technology of the school. The successful candidate will work closely with the senior educational leads to oversee and head the ongoing development and continuous improvement of business and educational IT operations within the school. Additionally, you will develop an IT road map to enable the deployment of cutting-edge educational programs and teaching philosophies ensuring that decisions are made to the ultimate benefit of Mulgrave students.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the education process and a role up your sleeve’s mentality. The successful incumbent will have outstanding leadership, communication, and collaboration skills to fuel our client’s pursuit of educational excellence.
Mulgrave School – The International School of Vancouver – is a gender-inclusive, secular IB World School. As an independent day school with a reputation for academic excellence and for providing a broad, holistic education, we offer the International Baccalaureate curriculum to students from Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12 in a spectacular West Vancouver setting. With over 1000 students and 200 employees, we have established an environment for learning.
We believe that the International Baccalaureate Programmes deliver the best academic experience in the world. They are broad, internationally focused, rigorous, and forward-looking. The curricula are based on the development of critical thinking, inquiry, and problem-solving approaches and not only develop solid basic skills and knowledge but also ensure students can acquire conceptual understanding and high-level analytical skills.
As a school, we especially focus on the development of self-management, leadership – in all its forms – communication, and the social and emotional skills that will ensure that students can face the future with confidence, knowing they can adapt to any given situation and flexible enough to enjoy exploring the unknown.
What the Director of Information and Learning Technology does:
- In collaboration with senior educational leaders, lead the school’s educational technology strategy
to enhance, enrich and extend learning opportunities as part of the broad educational programs offered by the school
- Contribute to business strategy utilizing Information Technology & Business Systems to create operational efficiencies and increased access to relevant data
- In partnership with our various departments and key stakeholders create initiatives and strategies designed to resolve ineffective and antiquated technological roadblocks impeding productivity
- Develop and manage the organization application roadmap, applications architecture, and their deployment
- Responsible for preparing and recommending annual operating and capital budgets for approval
- Provide periodic forecast reports capturing analysis and insights to senior leadership and management teams
- Assess the organization’s current capability and future opportunities while balancing between short-term improvements and long-term valueTeam Management
- Lead and manage the directives of the IT Manager and the IT team, the Business Analyst and Data
integrationist, the PK-G12 Learning Technology Integrationist and the Academic Registrar
- Establish KPI’s and complete annual reviews, provide mentorship and foster an environment of continuous learning and professional development
- Set goals/expectations, drive project prioritization and resource allocations for projects
- Lead and oversee activities of assigned projects including data integration to ensure goals and objectives are achieved within approved time frames, scope, and budget
- Fosters a culture of innovation, transparency, and accountability for IT supportTechnical Deliverables
- Create and maintain an IT Governance framework
- Lead hardware, network, and system support across the organization with a commitment to maintaining a high level of customer service
- Ensure our incident management support platform (Zendesk) is being utilized effectively and
optimally to proactively identify and address needs, while looking for continuous improvement in our processes, including tracking and reporting
- Own technology information and data security and risk ensuring that all reasonable measures are always in place. Perform regular reviews of information and data security and make improvements when applicable
- Oversee the development of on-going user training sessions on automation and its associated technology as required. Meet with users to determine and develop special training strategies to assist them in the work processes
- Maintains inventory of all computer equipment, servers and other equipment. Ensure equipment is maintained and in working order. Establish a budget and timeline for upgrading and replacing current hardware
- Manage technology vendor relationships and contracts
- Perform other related duties as assignedWhat the successful candidate will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- 7+ years of hands-on experience developing strategy and leading a multidimensional IT team.
- Experience within an institution or Not for Profit would be an asset
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration,
- databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Have a passion for technology and continuous improvement.
In return, what you can expect:
- Competitive not for profit salary and benefits package
- Collaborative workspace where contributions are recognized and encouraged
- Influence and foster a passion for continuous improvement in our pursuit of educational excellence
- Providing an opportunity to join a well-established company that takes pride in offering an unmatched selection of industry brand names and unparalleled customer service.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply directly to Jon Madder, Senior Recruitment Consultant with The Headhunters. He can be contacted at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.