Full-time, Temporary (2022.23)
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are now seeking applicants for the role of Athletics Intern and Coach, to start in August 2022.
In order to provide the best possible learning environment for our highly diverse, multicultural student population, Mulgrave actively seeks to recruit teachers from groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in independent and international school faculties. BIPoC and 2SLGBTQ+ educators and those with disabilities are warmly encouraged to apply, and invited to reach out for more information about our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching Upper School teams (G6-12) in all three seasons of play (Fall, Winter and Spring) will be the main focus of this appointment
- Primary coaching responsibilities will be in badminton and rugby with additional coaching in other sports as needed (soccer, volleyball and basketball)
- Assist with the planning and delivery of all major Athletics events and tournaments (Athletics Banquet, Terry Fox Run, Battle of the Houses, etc)
- Assist and support all Athletics Council initiatives and offerings
- Maintain and organise equipment rooms in all three gyms and turf field
- Drive teams to games and tournaments in a Mulgrave Bus as needed
- Ensure all home games have scorekeepers and line judges
- Help set up and close down the gym and field before and after home games.
- Provide gym and field supervision at recess, lunch and before/after school
- Provide sports based elective offerings in our LEAP programme (x3/week)
- Assist with the delivery of our Junior School Sports Academies
- Provide teaching assistance to PHE teachers and classes in Grades 1-10
- Regularly meet with Lead PHE Teacher(s) to discuss major points of emphasis
- Assist with the physical, emotional and social development of students.
- Communicate openly with the Lead Teacher(s) regarding observations related to student progress and evaluation
- Help set up and close down the gym and turf field for PHE classes
- Attend Fall camps and other school outings as a chaperone when needed
- Adhere to recess and lunch duty schedules
- Attend staff meetings, collaborative planning sessions, and other professional development as required and when possible.
- Occasionally help out with large-scale school events (assemblies, concerts, camps, student-led conferences, etc…)
Candidates will be expected to have:
- Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- NCCP coaching certification
- Relevant coaching experience with student-athletes in grades 6-12
- First Aid Certification
- Class IV Drivers License or willingness to obtain
- OFA Certification or willingness to obtain
Ideal candidates will have:
- A love of sport with a strong desire to coach multiple sports/teams
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate
- The ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with a diverse group of student-athletes, coaches, teachers and staff members
- Flexibility, open mindedness, initiative and a strong sense of teamwork
- A caring professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the school’s mission & vision and the ability to consistently model its values
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.com/jobs/ by June 27, 2022. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mulgrave.bamboohr.com.