Full-Time, Permanent (Starting as soon as possible)
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are now seeking applicants for the role of Accounting & Data Entry Clerk to start as soon as possible.
To provide accounting, data-entry support to the Senior Accounting Clerk and overall accounting department. This role focuses on data entry and plays an integral role in the accuracy and integrity of the accounting data.
This person must maintain a high level of confidentiality and have excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills. The Accounting, Data Entry Clerk skills we’re looking for include:
- Strong administration skills
- Familiarity with business software such as Google Apps, and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work accurately, with meticulous attention to detail
Duties and Responsibilities:
Including but not limited to the following:
- Assists with accounts payable, accounts receivable & other data entry duties
- Deposits cheques using cheque scanning software
- Prepares vendor cheques for mailing
- Prepares & mails out customer account statements
- Files A/P invoices and cheque stubs
- Maintains updated vendor files and file numbers
- Prepares, compiles, and sorts documents for data entry
- Verifies and logs receipt of data
- Transcribes source data into the required electronic format
- Transfers information from paper formats into computer files using keyboards, data recorders, or optical scanners
- Transcribing, updating customer information, and entering accounting records
- Ensuring appropriate turnaround time on all data entry
- Reviewing and entering data information into the appropriate databases
- Proactively verifying data through source documents
- Monitoring and updating existing data when required
- Retrieving data for team members upon request
- Performing data searches
- Performs high-volume data entry using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or other computer software
- Assists the Accounting staff with other duties as assigned
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Qualifications / skills:
- 1 – 3 years experience in finance, data-entry or clerical roles
- Excellent attention to detail & accuracy
- Excellent time management
- Ability to research and collect data
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take direction verbally
- Accurate typing and data entry skills (minimum 40 WPM)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Computer experience: Proficient with Google Suite applications, Microsoft Word; Excel; Advanced skills and a strong aptitude for database and software applications would be considered an asset
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Endorse Mulgrave’s mission and vision statement
Our Approach to Diversity
At Mulgrave one of our core values is inclusion, and as part of our active commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice we strive to welcome students, staff and families with a diverse range of identities and backgrounds. Individual wellbeing is central to our school’s philosophy and we work hard to ensure that everyone is safe, is seen and has a deep sense of belonging. Alongside these community-wide commitments, we strive to attract staff from a wide range of identities and intersectionalities who can enrich our family with diverse perspectives and support our journey to ensure every individual is valued, celebrated and supported to be the best they can be.
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for professional growth. Our benefits include:
- Personal day
- Sick days
- 8% RRSP contribution (non-matching)
- Employee assistance program
- Plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues during our various social events throughout the year
- Fitness / weight room & trainer
- Chair massages
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and detailed job description.
Resumes should be submitted through Mulgrave Careers by February 15, 2024. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
The annual salary for this position is competitive and falls within the range of $43,000 to $50,000. The final salary offer will be determined based on the candidate’s qualifications, and relevant experience in accordance with BC labour laws and company policies.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mulgrave.bamboohr.com.