Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are now seeking applicants for the role of Major Gifts Officer.
The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) will work with the Deputy Director of Advancement to develop and implement customized strategies and plans to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a caseload of major giving donors and prospects at the major gifts level. The objective of MGO is to secure funds for the organization by fulfilling the interests and passions of donors to Mulgrave School by providing them with giving opportunities and encouraging them to give.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Qualify donors for the caseload
- Create individual giving goals for each qualified donor on the caseload based on their giving history
- Form a personalised plan to create meaningful connections with each donor based on their interests
- Create a contact, marketing and communication plan for each donor on the caseload that is focused on fulfilling the donor’s interests and passions and execute the customized donor plan and modify it as circumstances change
- Work with leadership and program staff to secure project information for creating donor offers (front-end) and reporting to donors on how their giving made a difference (back-end)
- Perform other major gift officer duties as required, including:
- Monthly report to management that accurately reflects caseload activity and performance
- Generate donor/prospect solicitation materials and correspondence
- Ensure that appropriate donor recognition, acknowledgement and stewardship programs are in place
- Ensure donor related action notes and information are documented in the RE accurately and promptly
Annual Performance Evaluation Criteria:
- The range for each criterion is based on the the MGO’s experience and a qualified caseload of donors (75 to 150)
- Number of meaningful connections that lead to gifts (450-750, Avg. 3 per day)
- Number of stewardship connections (450-750, Avg. 3 per day)
- Number of asks (30-45)
- Number of asks accepted (20-30)
- Gifts originated and closed with a new donor (10-20)
- Total dollars raised ($500,000 to 1,500,000)
- Strong fundraising background and five plus years of Major Gifts experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is preferred
- Understanding of the fundraising profession with knowledge of the independent school sector an advantage
- CFRE accreditation preferred
Attitudes and Aptitudes:
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement
- Achievement-oriented, with record of major gift fundraising success
- Receptive to constructive feedback
- Has a high degree of confidence
- Handles rejection well – persistent
- Understands the need for and accepts accountability
- A team player with an attitude of service beyond duty
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of building and maintaining authentic, mission-centred relationships with donors
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous record-keeping and organizational skills
- An understanding of prospective donor behaviour, the local philanthropy environment, and fundraising cycles
- Proven computer literacy
- Critical and Analytical thinking skills
- Able to create effective donor offers
Compensation: $75-85k based on experience and after a successful first year in position, a bonus scheme to be put in place based on annualized targets on six measures of performance.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- Professional and career development/training opportunities
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal day
- Employee assistance program
- Plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues during our various social events throughout the year
- Complimentary coffee & tea
- Fitness / weight room & trainer
- Chair massages
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and detailed job description.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by Sunday June 20th, 2021. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mulgrave.bamboohr.com.