Collingwood School is a gender-inclusive day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC.
Our vision is socially responsible students pursuing passions for a better world. We are committed to contributing positively to our local and global communities, environmental stewardship, and supporting the wellbeing, and inclusion of all people. Through the pursuit of passions, students will find their unique purpose in the world.
At Collingwood, we seek faculty and staff who live our values of courage, curiosity and community to be in service of others and, who are inspired by our mission to inspire and support young people for meaningful lives.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, including BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour), persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
We are looking for an experienced IT Services Technician to join our Morven campus (Grades 8 -12). Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, this role is the primary support for any issues that may arise for the staff, faculty and students of the school. This is a Permanent Full-Time position that will start on January 3, 2024.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software and hardware, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications
- Carryout basic network troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Windows, MacOS, ChromeOS, iOS, and Android devices
- Document all pertinent end user identification information including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue
- Prioritizes and schedules problem calls, escalating problems when required to the appropriately experienced technician
- Streamlines the installation of workstations by utilizing a deployment process
- Maintains the inventory of hardware and software and consumable supplies
- Setup, maintain and troubleshooting of peripheral equipment (printers, scanners, external disks, etc.)
- Assists with the installation, setup and troubleshooting of classroom A/V equipment and systems
- Flexibility in handling unanticipated tasks and possibly ambiguous situations
- Assists in software releases and roll-outs according to Change Management best practices
- Create and maintain operational documentation for IT tools and services
- Use remote management software for deploying and maintaining hardware and software
- Fields incoming help requests from end users via telephone, e-mail and face to face in a courteous manner
- Coordinate with repair depots for hardware repairs
- Performs other related duties as required
- Completion of a College diploma program in Computer Systems (both hardware and software) with 1-3 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience
- Solid knowledge of PC hardware and peripherals
- Extensive knowledge of workstation operating systems including last gen and current gen Windows and MacOS
- Strong knowledge of current Android OS, iOS and Chrome OS
- Experience managing multiple device platforms using Mobile Device Management
- Strong knowledge of basic networking (Ethernet, TCP/IP and file sharing)
- Proven ability to troubleshoot workstation hardware, software and basic networking problems
- Certification in desktop operating systems or network administration an asset
- Extensive application support experience with MS Office 2016 and higher, Adobe Cloud products, Autodesk products and Google Workspace
- Experience in application support of Student Information Systems, Learning Management Systems, Constituent Relationship management systems and Human Resources management systems is an asset
- Strong knowledge working within an enterprise-class, windows server-based environment
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Windows Deployment Services
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Ability to understand workflows in a helpdesk IT support tool
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to handle potentially difficult and delicate situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks professionally during periods of high stress
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users in a user-friendly language
- Experience with supporting users face-to-face and remotely
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Access to a vehicle
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
Our “Must Haves”
- Respect, dignity and inclusion for all members of the community
- Collaborative mind-set and courageous approach to adversity
- Demonstrated communications skills (oral and written)
- Creative “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Flexible and adaptable and embraces change
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Enthusiasm, eagerness and genuine interest in all aspects of the school’s success
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal-oriented)
We offer professional development opportunities, competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, including RRSP, Personal Days and access to a Health Spending Account, health and wellness initiatives, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by November 17, 2023 to https://can232.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/cws/JobApplication?postingid=1353
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.
To apply for this job please visit can232.dayforcehcm.com.