Collingwood School is a gender-inclusive day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC.
Our vision is socially responsible students pursuing passions for a better world. We are committed to contributing positively to our local and global communities, environmental stewardship, and supporting the wellbeing, and inclusion of all people. Through the pursuit of passions, students will find their unique purpose in the world.
At Collingwood, we seek faculty and staff who live our values of courage, curiosity and community to be in service of others and, who are inspired by our mission to inspire and support young people for meaningful lives.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, including BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour), persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
We are looking for an experienced Associate Director of Admissions to join our Collingwood team. This is an integral role in the Enrolment team and is responsible for presenting and marketing both campuses of the School to prospective applicants and their families. The position also supports the Director of Enrolment Management and the Admissions team throughout the enrolment process for prospective students and their families, while also working to ensure the School remains at full enrollment. This is a Full Time Permanent position.
- Work collaboratively with the other Associate Director and the Enrolment team
- Oversee of the full-cycle enrolment process for JK to Grade 12 specifically (inquiry, application, tour, assessment, interview, data & document collection, communicating results)
- Support new family inquiries (tours, telephone, email)
- Ensure the school meets the School’s annual enrolment budget
- Maintain and oversee the Admissions database
- Initial file review and support of all JK-Grade 12 applications
- Overview, coordinate and support the scheduling and the observation and assessment dates for applicants Grades JK- 12
- Coordinate, schedule and invigilate in-house entry assessments for applicants
- Coordinate and schedule applicant interviews
- Recommend Early Acceptance Agreements/Enrolment Contracts to new families (bulk email and collect agreements/contracts and registration deposits; assist in the follow up of any outstanding documents and fees)
- Support the transfer of all New Student information to other School departments once enrolled
- Support annual re-registration of current JK-Grade 11 students – ensure all signed enrolment contracts and tuition fees are submitted, update re-registration spreadsheets, support Finance in collecting outstanding documents and/or fees when necessary
- Support the planning and coordination of Wentworth and Morven Open Houses, New student Orientation events on both campuses and other enrolment events
- Assist in the gathering of data for various reports as requested by the Director of Enrolment
- Support and coordinate all communications from the Enrolment department including web updates, regular digital media marketing
- Support the Director of Enrolment with the development of the annual Marketing strategy
- Review the development of an annual department budget under the guidance of the Director of Enrolment
- Support the Enrolment team in the orientation events for all new students and families
- Attend Department meetings & retreats and school-wide meetings, as well as participate in professional development opportunities
- Required occasionally to work additional hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Gather and maintain accurate data and produce regular statistical reports
- Keep apprised of JK-Grade 12 activities and events
- Overview and support the Enrolment Department team
- Other related duties as assigned by the Director of Enrolment
- A combination of post-secondary education and a minimum of three to five years’ administrative experience in a collaborative office setting in admissions, education, business, communications or another related field
- Experience working in an Independent School, University Admissions Office is a strong asset
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset – Spanish, Mandarin, Farsi, Korean,
- Knowledge of a K-12 curriculum, Advanced Placement (AP) or other educational curriculums
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, highly productive environment
- Strong EQ and ability to connect and support families and students
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues
- Ability to respond appropriately and in a timely manner to email, phone and in-person inquiries
- Ability to prioritize and to work on multiple projects concurrently and deliver exceptional results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google analytics, extensive database skills and data collection and analysis experience
- Discretion regarding the handling of sensitive and confidential information pertaining to student, parent and applicant communications and permanent records
- Ability to identify, address and resolve issues as they occur
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across the entire School community
- Confidence to engage collaboratively and proactively with teaching faculty and staff
- Physically able to sit at a desk and use a computer for extended periods of time
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A positive, confident, can-do attitude along with a sense of humour
- Required to have a valid driver’s licence and daily access to a personal vehicle
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
Our “Must Haves”
- Respect, dignity and inclusion for all members of the community
- Collaborative mind-set and courageous approach to adversity
- Demonstrated communications skills (oral and written)
- Creative “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Flexible and adaptable and embraces change
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Enthusiasm, eagerness and genuine interest in all aspects of the school’s success
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal-oriented)
We offer professional development opportunities, competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, including RRSP, Personal Days and access to a Health Spending Account, health and wellness initiatives, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by May 19, 2023 to https://can231.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/cws/JobApplication?postingid=1027
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.
To apply for this job please visit can231.dayforcehcm.com.