MATHEMATICS TEACHER – SENIOR SCHOOL
Term, full-time, October 25, 2021 through March 31, 2022
Located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, St. Michaels University School (SMUS) is a Kindergarten to Grade 12 co-educational day and boarding school with a global reputation for academic excellence.
Our students from over 30 countries all over the world have opportunities in athletics, arts, leadership, service and outdoor education, and are inspired by an extraordinary staff committed to character growth and preparing students for what lies ahead in life. The school’s Mission shapes these endeavours: Our school seeks the excellence in all of us, with passion and compassion. We are a community shaped by the pursuit of truth and goodness, providing outstanding preparation for life.
At St. Michaels University School, we seek to employ and empower individuals who wish to forge impactful relationships and careers that place our students at the centre. We firmly believe that expanding our diversity while adjusting our practice will lead to becoming the community we envision – a place where staff and students share a sense that they fully belong.
We are seeking a dynamic Senior school mathematics teacher to join our highly engaged, progressive and professional team. As well as a passion for teaching, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellence in instructional and assessment practices, and have the following:
● A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree, preferably with a specialization in Mathematics
● Eligibility for, or holder of a current British Columbia teaching certificate
● Recent experience in a mathematics classroom in a high school setting is preferred
● Evidence of innovative teaching practices and assessment
● A demonstrated ability to meaningfully integrate digital skills into classroom activities
● Experience with a collaborative approach to instructional planning and assessment
● The ability to thrive professionally in an environment of excellence where a broad spectrum of programs operate simultaneously
● Strong communication skills in a variety of settings
Specific responsibilities will include:
● Serving as a Homeroom Advisor to a group of students who meet regularly in homeroom for pastoral care and support
● Providing inspirational classroom experiences for students
● Building your own professional capacity through lifelong learning
● Working collaboratively within the department on curricular initiatives
● Consistent and professional communication with students, faculty and parents
● Liaising with teaching faculty, parents and administration as an advocate for students
● Contributing to the extra-curricular and boarding life of the School.
Please respond with a resume and cover letter as a single document to Mathematics Teacher – Senior School by 2:00 PM on Friday, October 15, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit careers.risepeople.com.