Casual position starting as soon as possible
Located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, St. Michaels University School (SMUS) is a Kindergarten to Grade 12 day and boarding school with a global reputation for academic excellence.
Our students from over 30 countries all over the world have opportunities in academics, athletics, arts, leadership, service and outdoor education, and are inspired by an extraordinary staff committed to character growth and preparing students for what lies ahead in life. The school’s Mission shapes these endeavours: Our school seeks the excellence in all of us, with passion and compassion. We are a community shaped by the pursuit of truth and goodness, providing outstanding preparation for life. At St. Michaels University School, we seek to employ and empower individuals who wish to forge impactful relationships and careers that place our students at the centre. We firmly believe that expanding our diversity while adjusting our practice will lead to becoming the community we envision – a place where staff and students share a sense that they fully belong.
Reporting to the Head of Library Studies and Research, the Library Supervisors work Monday to Thursday between 3:30 pm and 9:00 pm, and Sunday between 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm overseeing the library outside of regular school hours.
Key Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Supervise students to ensure a welcoming and secure learning commons conducive to collaborative and independent study.
- Assist students with queries and requests.
- Troubleshoot issues as needed e.g.: difficulty checking out books.
- Maintain a tidy and organized learning commons.
- Check in and organize books for shelving.
- Shelve books.
- Check and replenish student supplies.
- Ensure printers are stocked with paper.
- Maintain shelves to ensure ready and safe access to books.
- Other tasks as required such as creating displays, selecting books for displays, filling special requests from teachers on specific subject areas, searching the stacks for lost or missing books, taking inventory, and processing and discarding books.
- High school diploma.
- Library experience preferred.
Criminal Record Check:
Must pass and maintain a clear Solicitor General criminal record check for the purpose of working with children.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume in a single document to https://careers.risepeople.com/SMUS/en/5738_library-supervisor by 2pm Monday September 19, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit careers.risepeople.com.