Grounds Worker – Casual
This is a casual, on-call position that requires availability 12 months of the year. Start date will be as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Grounds Supervisor, and with oversight from the SMUS Building and Grounds Department, responsible for a variety of semi-skilled and manual tasks related to the maintenance and upkeep of the school grounds, properties and playing fields. Hours of work are generally Monday to Friday, with specific duties varying from day to day. Work is physical in nature, and includes performing tasks outdoors during inclement weather
· This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma and two years’ experience, preferably in an educational environment.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
· Ability to work independently and as a positive and collaborative team member
· Basic computer skills
· Fully qualified to operate heavy duty equipment and tools.
· Valid BC Drivers’ license (Class 5)
· Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
· Maintains grounds, including cutting and trimming grassed areas, weeding, raking, shoveling and sweeping outside area
· Primarily operates small equipment such as lawn mowers, weed eaters, spreaders, small power tools, and aerators.
· Prunes trees, bushes, plants & shrubs
· Landscapes school grounds and properties
· Snow removal and de-icing of walk ways
· Collects garbage and recycling
· Cleans work areas, equipment and tools
· Performs duties in compliance with safety regulations
· Other duties as required
Criminal Record Check
Must pass and maintain a clear criminal record check for the purposes of working with children
Please respond by 2:00 PM on Friday, May 7, 2021 with a cover letter and resume.
To apply for this job please visit careers.risepeople.com.