Campus Shop Associate
Permanent part-time, 0.75 FTE, position, starting November 2021
Do you have a keen eye for merchandising in a retail and online setting?
Are you a self-starter who enjoys customer service and engaging with parents and students?
Do you enjoy a set schedule, with time off at Christmas, spring break and flexible summer hours?
We offer a competitive wage and an attractive benefit package including a generous RRSP program.
Monday – Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
Occasional evening and weekend work at the start of the school year.
Key Responsibilities & Expectations
* Create a welcoming environment for students, parents, and staff
* Provide excellent customer service and positively engages with all customers
* Design creative displays to showcase store merchandise
* Maintain inventory and manage year-end inventory counts
* Respond to queries by email, phone, and in-person
* Process payments, refunds, and online orders
* Manage online appointment booking system for uniform fittings and sales
* Supervise casual sales associates who work during peak periods
* Fulfill online orders
* High school diploma
* Minimum one years’ experience in retail sales
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
* Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers
* Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
* Enthusiastic, energetic, a self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
* Strong computer skills
* Capacity to work at a moderate to high level of physical effort including the ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 30 pounds
Criminal Record Check
Must pass and maintain a clear criminal record check for the purposes of working with children.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume in a single document to Campus Shop Associate by 2pm Friday, November 19, 2021.
Located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, St. Michaels University School (SMUS) is a Kindergarten to Grade 12 co-educational day and boarding school with a global reputation for academic excellence.
Our students from over 30 countries all over the world have opportunities in athletics, arts, leadership, service and outdoor education, and are inspired by an extraordinary staff committed to character growth and preparing students for what lies ahead in life. The school’s Mission shapes these endeavours: Our school seeks the excellence in all of us, with passion and compassion. We are a community shaped by the pursuit of truth and goodness, providing outstanding preparation for life. At St. Michaels University School, we seek to employ and empower individuals who wish to forge impactful relationships and careers that place our students at the centre. We firmly believe that expanding our diversity while adjusting our practice will lead to becoming the community we envision – a place where staff and students share a sense that they fully belong.
To apply for this job please visit careers.risepeople.com.