Summer Boarding Coordinator
Starting June 21, 2021
St. Michaels University School’s External Programs Department offers an array of educational enrichment programs for all students. During holiday periods (winter, spring, summer breaks), the programs provide a learning experiences for students aged 5-17 that emphasize skill development, cooperation, participation, and fun.
Reporting to the Director of External Programs, the Summer Boarding Coordinator is responsible for creating a safe, culturally sensitive environment and bridges the gap between the boarding community and the External Programs administrative office. The primary role of the Boarding Coordinator is to allocate room assignments for students who are enrolled in summer boarding camps but also for external groups. *This position is dependent on overnight boarding camps being permitted by Public Health.
Hours of Work:
June 21 to July 9, 2021, 10 – 20 hours per week, flexible schedule
July 11 to July 23, 2021, 40 hours per week
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Maintain schedule for house parent duty, rotation, and on-call shifts
- Implement the Covid-19 Safety Plan protocols if students are ill
- Manage student discipline, house rules, and behavioural expectations
- Communicate with Food Services on meal numbers and special requirements and dietary needs
- Ensure that rooms are properly prepared each week with the help of Student Assistants
- Prepare rooming allocations according to gender, age, nationality, and other factors
- Manage dormitory keys and swipe cards, including lost items that need to be replaced
- Ensure that laundry and cleaning is scheduled
- Ensure that custodial and maintenance requirements are communicated to the respective departments and responded to appropriately
- Manage key returns and damage deposits for departing students
- Prepare all necessary documents and data relative to boarding, including check-in sheets, departures checklists, allergy lists, and birthday lists
- Respond to and solve any emergency situations that arise
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and schedule and meet deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and develop positive working relationships with students
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite word processing software, with experience creating and updating spreadsheets and database management
- Effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to request and convey information in an appropriate manner
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience working with youth in a mentoring or supervisory role
- Must have excellent communication skills and be collaborative and team-oriented
- Basic First Aid training would be an asset
Criminal Record Check:
Must pass and maintain a clear Solicitor General criminal record check for the purpose of working with children.
Please respond with a cover letter and résumé in a single document to https://careers.risepeople.com/SMUS/en/1706_summer-boarding-coordinator by 2pm on Tuesday, June 8, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit careers.risepeople.com.