School Information Systems (SIS) Coordinator
External / Internal Posting
Today’s Date June 7, 2022 | Closing Date June 13, 2022
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
$30.35 – $33.54 per hour, depending on years of service at SMS. This is a bargaining unit position in the Professional Employees Association.
Director, Academic Programs & Innovation
Under the direction of the Director, Academic Programs & Innovation and the Annual Fund & Alum Relations Manager, the School Information System (SIS) Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of our SIS databases at St. Margaret’s School, as well as various reports and other deliverables for both the school and the Ministry of Education.
- Integrity & Trust
- Communication & Collaboration
- Service Orientation
- Interpersonal Savvy
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain accurate student records within the SIS (currently MySchool) and accurate advancement records within the Advancement system (currently Raiser’s Edge NXT) including but not limited to student/guardian/teacher/donor information, timetable information, course data, and campaign donations/pledges.
- Manage the integration and ongoing imports and exports of data between School databases.
- Build best practice procedures around the integrated use of data management and research tools.
- Ensure quality control of SIS data by establishing and managing processes, systems and communications that result in confidentiality, data integrity and accuracy.
- Develop and generate queries, exports and reports as needed for SMS and the SMS community (e.g. reconciliation, analysis, strategic planning, report cards, transcripts, database queries, gift reports, pledge status reports, etc.).
- Generate and file Ministry reports (e.g., 1601, 1602, 1701, TRAX reports, ES audit Material, etc.).
- Liaise with the Ministry of Education and request authentication of student documents as requested.
- Liaise with the SIS vendors (currently MySchool and Raiser’s Edge) regarding issues.
- Assist in the admissions process by maintaining application forms and entering student intake data.
- Communicate with parents as required.
- Develop and Maintain user SIS system documentation.
- Provide training and ongoing support teachers in their use of the SIS (currently MySchool).
- Support Senior Year’s advisor with ministry transcripts and graduation requirements, generating PEN numbers, and course equivalencies.
- Support Principals with report card formatting, timetabling, and course updates.
- Assist in the re-enrollment process as required.
- Assist in the Student Orientation process as required.
- Manage parental consents.
- Assist in CAIS and Ministry audits.
- Other duties as required by the school.
- Actively support the vision, mission, and values of our school.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Information System Administration Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three years’ experience working with database technologies.
- An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and relevant work experience in a secondary environment may be considered.
- Working knowledge of the database software, preferably in the secondary school environment. Experience with MySchool and Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Experience working with databases, working with a Student Information System and Advancement systems is preferred.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proven ability to write concise and accurate technical instructional documentation and training others on a digital system.
- Experience with student orientation preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills with demonstrated ability to exercise tact, good judgement, and diplomacy.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively either work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from supervisor.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Exceptional customer service acumen.
- Ability to conduct presentations if required.
- Regular hours of work, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hour per week.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations if required
- Busy office setting, fast-paced environment
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Ability to occasionally lift items as heavy as 10 lbs.
A career with St. Margaret’s School will offer you the opportunity to be part of dedicated team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding educational environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage. This position is located on the school campus, with access to rapid transit, on-site gym, and other amenities.
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application package, which includes a covering letter, curriculum vitae and professional references, quoting the Posting #2022070 in the subject line of your email, by June 13, 2022, to:
St. Margaret’s School
1080 Lucas Avenue
Victoria, BC V8X 3P7
Email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.