Manager of the Annual Fund
Permanent, full time (1.0 FTE), starting September 2022
Located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, St. Michaels University School (SMUS) is a Kindergarten to Grade 12 co-educational day and boarding school with a global reputation for academic excellence.
Our students from over 30 countries all over the world have opportunities in athletics, arts, leadership, service and outdoor education, and are inspired by an extraordinary staff committed to character growth and preparing students for what lies ahead in life. The school’s Mission shapes these endeavours: Our school seeks the excellence in all of us, with passion and compassion. We are a community shaped by the pursuit of truth and goodness, providing outstanding preparation for life. At St. Michaels University School, we seek to employ and empower individuals who wish to forge impactful relationships and careers that place our students at the centre. We firmly believe that expanding our diversity while adjusting our practice will lead to becoming the community we envision – a place where staff and students share a sense that they fully belong.
Come join our passionate and high-functioning Advancement Team in this newly created position. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team embarking on a 50 million dollar Capital Campaign. Together using creativity and relationship building, we are seeking a motivated team member to help us meet our Campaign and Annual goals.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Manager of Annual Fund fulfills a senior fundraising role within the Advancement Department, ensuring the successful creation and delivery of our Annual Fund Campaign, a critical donor program. As part of the Advancement team, the manager is expected to secure significant donations in support of achieving the departmental fundraising goals.
The Annual Fund is an essential element of a comprehensive fundraising program. The Manager of the Annual Fund will execute the program to support the annual fundraising targets. A key part of this role is to tangibly grow the culture of philanthropy at the School by building strong relationships with current parents, staff, faculty, volunteers, and community partners.
As attendance at Advancement and other School events is occasionally needed outside of normal business hours, flexibility regarding hours of work will be required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, background and interest:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or a related discipline. Certified Fundraising Executive certification is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an advancement or development role with a proven track record of success achieving annual fundraising targets.
- Experience in developing and executing fundraising plans, measuring progress, and applying learnings to strengthen future efforts.
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising for not-for-profits, preferably in educational settings.
- Knowledge and understanding of ethical fundraising best practices, ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Understanding of organizational strategy and its successful implementation and impact on Advancement.
- Ability to connect with potential donors and sustain positive relationships.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office/Google suite.
- Proficiency in using fundraising database systems (e.g. Raiser’s Edge) and other research techniques for maximizing fundraising and relationship-building activities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a deadline-driven environment.
- Positive energy and flexibility.
- Experience working in an organization with varied community members such as alumni, past parents, students, staff and faculty.
- Develop annual fundraising goals and strategic plans for Advancement, in consultation with the Director of Advancement.
- Support the highest commitment to stewardship and cultivation of donors and prospective donors.
- Meet individual and team fundraising goals by executing an Annual Fund strategy.
- Plan and execute an Annual Fund volunteer strategy to increase participation across all grades.
- Maintain relationships with donors to ensure repeat giving which is crucial to the success of the Annual Fund campaign.
- Liaise, as appropriate, with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure Campaign material effectively supports the Annual Fund campaign. This includes contributing ideas, website content, storylines, social media posts and supporting material concepts for the Annual Fund campaign.
- Track and report progress to achieving fundraising goals, using tools available within the department.
Criminal Record Check:
Must pass and maintain a clear Solicitor General criminal record check for the purpose of working with children.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume in a single document by 2pm Wednesday, July 6, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit careers.risepeople.com.