Are you a strategic Director of Marketing and Communications in Victoria, BC, who would love to bring your marketing and communications leadership experience to our client, St. Michaels University School (SMUS), an independent and not-for-profit school with a local and global reputation for excellence?
As Director of Marketing and Communications, your proven experience will be utilized to foster a strong sense of school community, to attract the best applications from a talented and diverse body of prospective students, to increase financial sustainability, and to communicate a strong case for philanthropy – all with the goal of securing their reputation as a Canadian school with an international reputation.
Reporting to the Head of School, The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for understanding, growing, and serving their markets by strengthening their brand, providing strategic direction in developing and implementing effective and creative communications programs, and bringing SMUS’s Vision and Mission to life.
What makes St. Michaels University School a great employer?
St. Michaels University School students (from over 30 countries) are offered opportunities in academics, athletics, arts, leadership, service, and outdoor education.
When you join their culture of excellence, you will be making a difference and supporting their vision for students to learn, to lead and to serve, all while developing your career. In their beautiful work environment, you will also enjoy:
- Competitive compensation of $100,000 – $130,000 (reflective of related education and experience)
- Extensive health benefits that start on your date of hire
- A strong RRSP matching program
- 4 Weeks of vacation
- A tuition discount for your children if accepted to the school
Your day as the Director of Marketing and Communications could include:
- Working collaboratively as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- In partnership with Admissions, Advancement, and other school departments, developing and executing an integrated marketing and communications strategy that considers the needs of multiple stakeholders and audiences, and aligns with the school’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- Managing the delivery of marketing and communications projects including digital and print publications, advertising campaigns and regular communications to parents and alumni.
- Managing a small, collaborative, and high functioning team of marketing professionals as well as relationships with several outsource suppliers, ensuring that the department always has access to the appropriate skill set at the required time, and that the team consistently performs at a high level.
- Acting as steward of the SMUS brand, ensuring that all departments maintain strong and consistent use of the school’s visual identity and key messages.
- Conducting market research and school data analysis, keeping the school current on where the market is headed, and keeping current with the latest innovations in marketing and communications.
- Managing the budget for the marketing department, including budget planning, tracking and reporting.
This is only a sampling of what your day could hold. To learn more, please review the full Job Description at https://tallsky.ca/job/director-of-marketing-and-communications/.
Our ideal Director of Marketing and Communications brings:
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Business, or a related discipline, with an emphasis on Marketing, Communications or Public Relations.
- 7+ years of marketing and communications experience in progressively more challenging roles with proven experience in leadership roles.
- In-depth knowledge of strategic marketing and communication concepts, principles, methodology and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing marketing and communication plans, strategies, tactics, and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the design and production of a wide variety of print and digital materials.
- Superior ability in leading teams in the development of marketing and communications plans and ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in K-12 or post-secondary education would be an asset in this role.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge that will help you thrive in this role:
- Outstanding writing, storytelling and editing skills.
- Demonstrated high-quality digital communications and marketing skills.
- Superior project management skills with the proven ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Exceptional communication, public speaking/presentation, interpersonal and influence management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work well and develop consensus with a wide variety of people.
We would love to hear from you!
After reading the full Job Description at https://tallsky.ca/job/director-of-marketing-and-communications/ if you bring the skills and experience required to excel in this role and would love to join a culture where people from all backgrounds and walks of life can flourish, then we look forward to reviewing your confidential application. While not a requirement, a cover letter outlining why you are our ideal candidate (with a link to your portfolio or examples of related work) may help to move your application forward more quickly.
We acknowledge all applications; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following the initial application acknowledgement.
To apply for this job please visit tallsky.ca.