In 1974, Pearson College was founded as Lester B. Pearson United World College (UWC) of the Pacific. Pearson College UWC is a unique, highly selective, two-year pre-university school for 200 students from across Canada and around the world selected solely on their promise and potential and demonstrated commitment to actively engage in creating a better world. Students are selected from over 160 countries. The College campus, located on the traditional territory of the Beecher Bay (Sc’ianew) First Nation, is situated on the southernmost tip of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, along the shores of the Pacific Ocean at Pedder Bay. The College is one of 18 UWC schools worldwide. (pearsoncollege.ca)
Pearson College UWC is recruiting for an outstanding Director of Admissions to join our team.
Reporting to: President and Head of College
The Director of Admissions oversees all aspects of the admissions process. This includes, but is not limited to: developing strategy related to the promotion of enrolment opportunities; implementation of the College’s policies related to annual enrolments; coordination of processes related to student recruitment and enrolment; liaison with the UWC International Office, other UWCs, UWC National Committees and selection contacts, and prospective students concerning a broad range of enrolment/admissions issues; administration of annual budget related to admissions and enrolment processes; and maintenance of accurate enrolment records and statistics.
· Ensure an annual enrolment that meets established goals related to the diversity, geographic representation, and multiplicity of background experiences of an international student body, in accordance with the policies and financial resources of the College and the goals of the UWC movement.
· Ensure clear, accurate information about Pearson/UWC enrolment application processes is communicated.
· Liaise with UWC committees and student selection contacts on all matters related to student selection and the financial terms of their enrolment.
· Liaise with UWC International Office on matters related to student selection.
· Provide confirmation of acceptance and all necessary enrolment information to newly selected students, UWC National Committees and student selection contacts.
· Maintain accurate and complete files related to all aspects of admissions and enrolment.
· Negotiate financial responsibilities for tuition, travel costs, and financial assistance for incoming students and, working with the Dean of Students, assign financial assistance for current students.
· Coordinate assistance for incoming international students with visa procurement.
· Maintain accurate and complete records with Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
· Ensure finance office has records and contacts necessary for invoicing.
· Implement pre-arrival orientation program for students.
· Connect newly arrived students with support systems on and off campus as relevant for their backgrounds.
· Maintain relationships with current students and facilitate processes for communication between Pearson College UWC and National Committees and parents.
· Maintain relationships and regular communications with WUSC, Horizon and other third-party organizations involved in student selection, immigration, and support.
Skills & Abilities:
· A passion for, and understanding of, the mission of Pearson College UWC and the international UWC movement.
· Experience working in the field of education, preferably at the secondary or university level, ideally, with experience in admissions or related student selection procedures.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Effective communications skills, orally and in writing, with experience giving presentations.
· High level of competency working with software productivity tools such as MS Word, Excel and Access (and other database management software).
· A self-starter with personal initiative, high energy, and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
· Proficiency in English and at least one other language.
· Demonstrated expertise in working in challenging situations with the ability to exercise a high level of tact and diplomacy.
· Experience working with and coordinating volunteers, including excellent understanding of confidentiality requirements.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan, prepare and implement program elements to completion.
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills, flexibility, and adaptability.
· Ability to recruit and assess skills of program participants.
· Must be able to successfully pass a Criminal Records Check.
· Ability to work within a flexible schedule such as evenings and weekends.
Education and Experience
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education or international relations, however, equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Experience and understanding of non-profit/charitable organizations.
Compensation & Organization
This is a full-time position located at Pearson College UWC in Metchosin, approximately 40 minutes from downtown Victoria. The salary starting range is between $67,000 – $76,000 plus an attractive benefit package.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Résumés and a cover letter can be emailed to [email protected]
Pearson College UWC is committed to diversity and equity in employment. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents shall be given priority.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.