St. Michaels University School (SMUS) has an opportunity for a personable Assistant Controller to join their growing, collaborative finance team in Victoria, BC. Reporting to the Controller at SMUS, you will lead account reconciliations, payroll, financial reporting for construction projects, policy setting, and all general accounting support functions within their Finance Department.
Are you an Assistant Controller who enjoys crafting the procedures and policies that help to streamline organizations? Do you bring 5+ years of recent and related full cycle accounting experience? Would descriptive words like proactive, enthusiastic, organized, approachable, analytical, and adaptable accurately describe you? Have you been hoping for a career move that would offer you the opportunity to become a valued team member in a welcoming environment that offers growth opportunities? If you have answered “yes,” this may be your opportunity!
What makes St. Michaels University School a great employer?
St. Michaels University School is a Kindergarten to Grade 12 day and boarding school with a global reputation for academic excellence. Their students, from over 30 countries, are offered opportunities in academics, athletics, arts, leadership, service, and outdoor education.
When you join their culture of excellence, you will bring your skills and expertise to a community dedicated to helping young people reach their full potential, all while developing your career. In their beautiful work environment, you will also enjoy:
- Competitive compensation.
- Extensive extended health benefits – that start on your date of hire!
- A generous RRSP matching program.
- A tuition discount for your children if accepted to the school.
What could your day as the Assistant Controller hold?
- Full cycle accounting (using Microsoft Dynamics GP) including the preparation and review of financial statements.
- Approval and processing of payroll.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual audit package and financial statements.
- Providing supervision, guidance, and coaching to the finance team members.
- Performing month end reconciliations.
- Preparing journal entries and processing cash receipts, cash transactions, and accounts payable, and preparing and recording bank deposits.
- Assisting with and creating financial reports, and regulatory reports.
- Answering parent and student inquiries related to their billing, payments, and balances, and responding to general department inquiries.
This is only a sample of what your day may hold. To learn more, please visit Assistant Controller Job Description to review the full Job Description.
Our ideal Assistant Controller brings:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and a CPA designation.
- 5+ years of related full-cycle accounting experience.
- Experience processing or managing payroll preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains accounting software is an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office with Intermediate level Excel skills required.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge that will help you thrive in this role:
- Elevated level of attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and research skills with the ability (and desire) to create effective procedures.
- Excellent customer service and people skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both verbally and in writing) with internal and external customers.
- Proactive and analytical problem solver.
Enthusiastic, upbeat, and a self-starter with the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple assignments, adapt to changing priorities, and meet scheduled time frames.
We would love to hear from you!
Visit https://tallsky.ca/job/assistant-controller/ to review the full Job Description and to apply. After reading the full Job Description, if you bring the skills and experience required to excel in this role and would love to join a culture where diversity flourishes, then we look forward to reviewing your confidential application. Closing date: November 18, 2022.
We do acknowledge all applications; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following the initial application acknowledgement.
To apply for this job please visit tallsky.ca.