Administrative Assistant – University Counselling
Permanent, part-time (0.75 FTE), starting August 28, 2023
Located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, St. Michaels University School (SMUS) is a Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12 day and boarding school with a global reputation for academic excellence.
Our students from over 30 countries all over the world have opportunities in academics, athletics, arts, leadership, service and outdoor education, and are inspired by an extraordinary staff committed to character growth and preparing students for what lies ahead in life. The school’s Mission shapes these endeavours: Our school seeks the excellence in all of us, with passion and compassion. We are a community shaped by the pursuit of truth and goodness, providing outstanding preparation for life. At St. Michaels University School, we seek to employ and empower individuals who wish to forge impactful relationships and careers that place our students at the centre. We firmly believe that expanding our diversity while adjusting our practice will lead to becoming the community we envision – a place where staff and students share a sense that they fully belong.
Reporting to the Director of University Counselling, the Administrative Assistant plays a key role in ensuring the efficient operation of the department. This role has an operational focus on data collection and management, written communications, and event planning. In addition, the Administrative Assistant has frequent interaction with students, parents, and the external community.
The Administrative Assistant – University Counselling works on days that school is in session, with one additional week prior to the start of the school year, and one additional week throughout the school year. To support occasional departmental requirements for events and meetings outside of normal business hours, flexibility regarding hours of work will be required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, background and interest:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience in office administration.
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary diploma in Office Administration or Office Management.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Competency with design in written and graphic communication for external audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Has a high level of attention to detail as well as the capacity to be a proactive and analytical problem solver.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, negotiation and mediation skills.
- Organized with the ability to work under deadlines with conflicting demands.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with university representatives.
- Reception for Personal Counselling and University Counselling which includes greeting students and parents and making appointments.
- Coordinating department meetings.
- Arranging department travel.
- Arranging coverage (classes, visits, presentations) when University Counsellors are unavailable or absent.
- Monitoring department workflow.
- Scheduling meetings, advisor appointments for students and parents, and on-campus university/college visits.
- Coordinating transportation, catering, and resource booking for University Counselling events.
- Event planning which includes university fairs, student events and university tours.
- Submitting transcripts to universities.
- Maintaining an application and outcomes database for each grad class and create reports as needed.
- Student communication regarding university events and initiatives.
Criminal Record Check:
Must pass and maintain a clear Solicitor General criminal record check for the purpose of working with children.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume in a single document by 2pm Friday, May 19, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit careers.risepeople.com.