JUNIOR SCHOOL EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
Part-time position, effective April 5, 2021
Located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, St. Michaels University School (SMUS) is a Kindergarten to Grade 12 co-educational day and boarding school with a global reputation for academic excellence.
Our students from over 30 countries all over the world have opportunities in athletics, arts, leadership, service and outdoor education, and are inspired by an extraordinary staff committed to character growth and preparing students for what lies ahead in life. The school’s Mission shapes these endeavours: Our school seeks the excellence in all of us, with passion and compassion. We are a community shaped by the pursuit of truth and goodness, providing outstanding preparation for life.
Under the direction of the Learning Resource Teacher, the Educational Assistant (EA) works to support the medical and learning needs of one student, while in a classroom and outdoor setting.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
· Support the outcomes identified in the Individualized Education Plan
· Follow risk management protocols.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· While assisting the student, maintains order and safety on school grounds, in classrooms, on fieldtrips and a variety of settings in the community.
· Ability to be flexible to accommodate the needs of the student.
· Exercises sound judgment, initiative, empathy and understanding
· Grade 12 diploma.
· Two years’ related experience.
· Equivalent of a two-year level of post-secondary education in a related field.
· Level 1 First Aid and CPR Certificate.
· Comfortable documenting and managing health needs.
· Understanding of the developmental needs of Junior School students.
· Effective collaboration, organization, and communication skills.
· Comfortable with multi-tasking and managing several competing priorities at one time.
· Team player who can anticipate problems and be pro-active in approach.
Hours of Work:
Up to 10 hours / week as needed.
Must be available Thursday mornings from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm, with additional flexibility during the week.
Criminal Record Check:
Must pass and maintain a clear Solicitor General criminal record check for the purpose of working with children.
Please apply to https://www.smus.ca/discover/careers/current by 12 noon on Monday, March 29, 2021. Applicants are requested to include references with their application.
To apply for this job please visit www.smus.ca.