St Margaret’s School is seeking a self-motivated, energetic and team-oriented teacher to join our small and vibrant school community. As an inspiring educator, this teacher will have a passion for the Middle Years, strong instructional skills and a commitment to improving the school through designing and implementing interdisciplinary projects that connect teaching and learning to the overall mission and vision of the school. Key to this role is a motivation to work in an environment that develops competent, confident and courageous girls.
At St. Margaret’s School, teachers are required to participate in the extra-curricular life of the school.
Hours – 0.93 FTE. This is a temporary position from September 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022, covering a maternity leave.
Salary – Commensurate with placement on the SMS Salary Grid, based on years of teaching experience and education (TQS Category). This is a bargaining unit position in the Professional Employees Association.
Job Duties include
- Create, implement and deliver a motivating and engaging course curriculum to students in the Middle Years Program – Grade 6.
- Adept at incorporating creativity, variety and intrigue into lesson plans that are relevant to girls learning.
- Provide supportive, flexible routines and procedures within a culturally and intellectually inclusive classroom.
- Incorporate differentiation strategies to support a diversity of learning styles.
- Foster the cognitive, social, and emotional growth of girls.
- Regular collaboration with colleagues to share ideas and plan interdisciplinary units.
- Attend regular staff meetings and school-required events.
- Preparation of student progress reports is required, both formal written reports and regular, informal communication with parents.
- Available to attend meetings with parents and colleagues to support the needs of the students in the class.
Requirements and Qualifications include
- Current and Valid teacher certification through the Teacher Regulation Branch.
- Bachelor of Education degree with Middle Years.
- Specialized training and experience in STEM and Humanities is required.
- Familiarity working in an inquiry-focused setting and incorporating 21st Century teaching strategies.
- Familiar with a variety of teaching strategies to meet the individual needs of girls.
- Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills in working with colleagues and parents.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Willingness to participate in school-wide professional development opportunities and to attend whole school staff meetings.
- Embodies a growth mindset.
- Evidence of continued professional growth.
- Maintains confidentiality and demonstrates integrity.
- Actively support the vision, mission and values of our school.
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application package, which includes a covering letter, curriculum vitae and professional references, quoting the Posting #2021050 in the subject line of your email to:
St. Margaret’s School
1080 Lucas Avenue
Victoria, BC V8X 3P7
Email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.