St. Margaret’s School is seeking energetic and experienced Early Childhood Educators to provide care and education to pre-school aged children. Working collaboratively with the ECE Coordinator and other members of the Early Childhood Education team, the ECE Educator plans and organizes activities for pre-school and Junior Kindergarten children.
SMS is the first all girls’ STEM school in Canada. All of the ECE staff are expected to embrace inquiry-based learning with an emphasis on developing curious learners through the exploration of the natural environment. The Early Childhood Educator leads children in activities to stimulate and develop their intellectual, physical and emotional growth.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate in the development, preparation and implementation of daily activities that support and promote the development of children, and that are in accordance with Provincial legislation and regulation.
- Collaborate respectfully and effectively with co-workers to implement curriculum, supervise children and maintain the classroom facility.
- Create and deliver curriculum in areas of motor, language, social, cognitive and creative arts through specific activities such as: telling or reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use of musical instruments, providing opportunities for creative expression through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical fitness, taking the children to local points of interest.
- Document student work and write developmentally appropriate progress reports.
- Maintain open, respectful communication with parents and co-workers.
- Interact with children in small group, large group and one to one setting by directing activities, guiding free play and assisting children in self-help skills.
- Follow the behaviour guidance program which emphasizes redirection and positive strategies.
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits.
- Maintain a safe, attractive and orderly environment.
- Supervise playground extra-curricular activities such as field trips, music programs and other special events.
- Ensure that practices and procedure to safeguard the health and safety of children are followed, including COVID-19 Policies and Practices.
- Respond to illness and injuries, including providing safety oriented first-aid care.
- Reliable, accountable and dependable
- Flexible, versatile and innovative
- Effective communication skills
- Supportive and encouraging
- Organized and insightful
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Friendly and professional
- Good time management
Requirements and Qualifications include:
- Early Childhood Education and Care Certificate or Diploma.
- Current Early Childhood Educator License to Practice.
- Undergraduate degree specializing in Early Childhood Education.
- Current Safety Awareness & First Aid for Childhood Emergencies Certificate.
- Ability to successfully obtain Ministry of Justice criminal record check clearance.
- Proven, recent experience working with three and four-year-old children.
- Superior organization and interpersonal skills in working with colleagues and parents.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Actively support the vision, mission and values of our School.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.