St. Margaret’s School is seeking a reliable and experienced Kitchen Helper to work for our very busy Dining Hall. Preparing real food from scratch, the Kitchen Helper will prepare quality food products properly and efficiently in a clean working environment; organize, clean and sanitize the work area; and perform other duties as assigned.
Our Food Services team works together to create a positive dining experience. We provide uniforms, ongoing training, and opportunities for career growth.
What you will do:
- Maintain a clean and welcoming environment.
- Interact cheerfully with students, colleagues, and guests.
- Clean, restock, and replenish serving lines and stations to ensure our guests enjoy an exquisite dining experience.
- Rotate products in inventory.
- Maintain a clean kitchen, properly washing and sorting soiled dishes.
- Setup and break down of dish machine and sanitizing equipment.
- Bag all garbage and boxes and disposing these in appropriate dumpsters.
- Adhere to safety and allergy prevention policies.
- Adapt to additional duties as assigned.
- Understanding of kitchen operational procedures
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk four hours continuously, up to eight hours per day, and able to remain on feet for entire shift
- Must be able to properly lift and carry objects weighing 20 pounds or less, frequently; 35 pounds or less, occasionally; and 50 pounds or more, rarely; with the highest point of any lift being overhead and the lowest point of any lift being the floor
- Availability for morning, afternoon and weekend shifts
- Ability to establish good relationships with staff, faculty and students
- Actively support the vision, mission and values of our school
Interested candidates are invited to submit a covering letter, current resume and references, quoting the Posting #2022011.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.