Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique ‘IB Advantage’: a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
We are a dedicated and community minded team at GNS with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens of character who will contribute to the world through their leadership, a commitment to service, and an understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities. We are currently seeking exceptional candidates for the following opportunity:
Executive Assistant to the Middle School Principal
(one year leave to Oct 2022)
Reporting to the Middle School Principal, the Executive Assistant is responsible for all aspects of the Middle School office, including reception and administrative support to the teachers and Principal. This position provides exceptional service to a wide range of stakeholders in a manner that reflects the GNS values of truth, courage, caring, individuality and community. Serving as the sole administrator for the middle school, the Executive Assistant is warm, hard working, highly detailed and energized by a fast-paced office setting where positive and respectful relationships can thrive.
- Serve as the lead administrator for the Middle School performing administrative and secretarial assignments for the Principal and teaching staff.
- Greet staff, students and visitors to the School; respond to inquiries and serve as the primary point of contact for students and their families.
- Answer and direct all incoming calls, emails and correspondence; sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare all outgoing mail.
- Prepare, proof and distribute announcements, information, group emails and other school related correspondence.
- Manage all aspects of the middle school attendance management system; and submit weekly whole school reports (JK-12) to the Ministry of Education.
- Maintain appearance, update and organize the MS reception area to celebrate life in the Middle School.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office and First Aid supplies; manage and order all school supplies for teachers and their classrooms within budgetary guidelines.
- Act as First Aid Attendant for the Middle School; assess injuries and call parents or emergency personnel as appropriate;
- Take and distribute minutes for monthly MS staff meetings, and weekly “huddles”.
- Collect forms and payments for school events, co-curriculars and other activities and prepare deposits for Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare purchase orders, cheque requisitions and maintain credit card receipts; and adhere to Finance guidelines for accurate and timely submission of paperwork.
- Manage the assignment of student lockers and locks; and work with the Registrar to assign billing, where required.
- Manage the assignment of student keycards and work with the Registrar and IT department to assign billing and replacement of keycards where required.
- Manage and organize the Principal’s calendar; schedule appointments, brief the Principal on the nature of meetings and upcoming activities.
- Organize and manage Middle School events; arrange venue, seating, catering, guest speakers and volunteers, as necessary; and prepare all related correspondence.
- Maintain accurate Student Medical records and consent forms for field trips and outings.
- Organize and manage Parent Student Teacher interviews throughout the academic year and assist parents (6-12) with technical issues.
- Coordinate and administer the full cycle report card process for Grades 6-8 and work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Be a resource for staff in troubleshooting ManageBac and Blackbaud.
- Prepare, organize and distribute all correspondence for Grade 7 Foundation Skills Assessments; input grades, run reports and file records as per School policy.
- Create and administer spreadsheets and reports to support teachers, departments and PW leaders at various levels.
- Work with the Coordinator, Curriculum Leadership to create the MS exam schedule.
- Assist in allocating students to classes as part of the timetable construction; manage student course requests, allocate to Blackbaud and ManageBac and make periodic adjustments as necessary while communicating with all necessary parties.
- Order Gryphon Awards and coordinate the production of Learner Profile Awards, and other recognitions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will possess a friendly, empathetic and nurturing disposition, be patient, and understand the importance of community. You will be helpful by nature and believe no task is too small when it supports our students and teachers, and leads to the advancement of our mission, vision and values.
- Completion of an Office Administration certificate or diploma
- Five (5) years of experience in a high paced office environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Highly responsive to the needs of others with an excellent aptitude for delivering exceptional service.
- Must be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that naturally results in strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as within a collaborative environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, and a knowledge of relational database software and records management would be an asset.
- First Aid certificate, an asset
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/executive-assistant-middle-school?rcid=isabc
Application deadline: Wednesday, October 27, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Glenlyon Norfolk School will only use and retain personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.