UWC NATIONAL COMMITTEE OF CANADA
Operations and Engagement Coordinator
About the UWC National Committee of Canada
A relatively young organization continuing a long Canadian tradition of promoting the United World College (UWC) mission to make education a force for peace and sustainability, the UWC National Committee of Canada (NCC) has an important role to play in seeking, selecting, and supporting Canadians to be part of the UWC movement.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about diversity, understanding of differences, supporting students and alumni on their UWC journeys and developing sustainable operational processes and systems. Someone who is hard-working, adaptable, diplomatic, has strong judgment, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, particularly when it comes to handling sensitive, complex, and confidential information. This job requires autonomy, as well as excellent collaboration skills.
Note that the job description below highlights key responsibilities. Future responsibilities based on the ED’s and NCC Board’s vision for this role will be discussed at the beginning of the employment term. The ED will work with the successful candidate to outline the priorities for the year, expectations, and evaluation criteria.
● Support the ED, NCC Board, Committees and the UWC Canada Joint Committees as required
● Work with the ED and NCC Board to oversee the development and execution of a student recruitment strategy
● Support the ED in managing the NCC application process
● Support the ED with the nominations process (means-test students and communicating with prospective students and families regarding placements)
● Provide pastoral care support for incoming/current students
● Develop and implement goals and objectives for the volunteer program which reflect the mission of the UWC and the NCC
● Conduct ongoing evaluations of the programs and services delivered by volunteers and implement improvements as necessary
● Develop, administer, and review policies and procedures which guide the volunteer intake, programs and services
● Ensure that volunteers are given appropriate training and supervision to be successful in their positions
● Work with volunteers and consultants as applicable to develop, coordinate and implement plans for raising funds, friends and the profile of our organization in support of UWC within Canada
● Develop and/or acquire promotional materials suitable for a variety of uses and audiences
● Manage NCC Communication platforms
● Post-secondary diploma/degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas:
○ international education,
○ not-for-profit operations, fundraising or volunteer management,
○ student recruitment and admissions,
○ social media marketing, content creation,
○ marketing and communications
● Understanding or knowledge of the UWC education movement or other international movements that promote peace and sustainability
● Values alignment with the UWC movement
● Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
● Strong organizational/time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, define measurable objectives and outcomes, and meet timelines
● Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
● An ability to prioritize and handle multiple concurrent tasks in a highly effective manner
● Working knowledge of Google, Outlook, Zoom Video-Conferencing, and other general office equipment and virtual office apps
● Current Police Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
Compensation & Organization
Because the NCC is a volunteer-based organization with pan-Canada representation, a flexible work schedule will sometimes be required. This role is expected to work 28-30 hours per week and may conduct some of this work remotely as needed. This position is a secondment from Pearson College UWC in Metchosin, approximately 40 minutes from downtown Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Salary range is between $33,000-$44,000 plus a benefit package for a one-year term. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Résumés and cover letter can be emailed to [email protected]
If you require any accommodations for the application process, we are happy to hear from you at the email above.
Pearson College UWC is committed to diversity and equity in employment. All qualified applications are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents shall be given priority.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.