TEACHERS ON CALL
Junior School (Gr. 1-7)
Teaching at York House School
York House School is a vibrant and close-knit school community where people feel valued, engaged, and connected to the school. All our staff contribute to our rigorous and innovative programs that enable our Yorkies to develop knowledge, skills, and global competencies to succeed in the world beyond our doors.
About this Role
York House School is inviting applications from compassionate, innovative, and qualified Teachers committed to providing an exceptional 21st Century learning environment for our girls. We are seeking Teachers on Call for the Elementary grades 1 to 7.
- Bachelor of Education
- British Columbia Teachers certification or equivalent
- Familiarity with new BC Curriculum is an asset
- Elementary / Intermediate school qualifications
- Minimum of one year of Elementary / Intermediate teaching experience preferred
- Independent School experience is an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Strong knowledge of British Columbia Curriculum
- Knowledge of the current research on girls and learning
- Demonstrated experience as an enthusiastic, innovative, and caring educator. A commitment to diversity and inclusion in all its many dimensions
- Collaborative and flexible, supportive, and effective team-player
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with all stakeholders
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to educating the whole student
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology purposefully to transform learning
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate instruction and assessment practices to meet the needs of individual learners
- Experience with using Understanding by Design as a framework to teach for deeper understanding
- Experience using an inquiry-based and project-based learning approach
- Committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
Please apply online here.
All employees of YHS must be able to provide a passed vulnerable sector screening criminal record report. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About York House School
York House School, located in the heart of Vancouver, is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls. Founded in 1932 by seven progressive and insightful women, York House provides an outstanding education for approximately 650 girls from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. For more information about York House School, please visit our website at yorkhouse.ca.
To apply for this job please visit yorkhouse.bamboohr.com.