Remedial Math Instructor (Internship)
Are you looking for a way to use your expertise in mathematics? Are you passionate about working with children and youth who need to build numeracy skills?
Fraser Academy’s Outreach Center (FAx), is offering undergraduate students or those having recently completed a BA/BEd in a related field paid internships as a 1:1 Remedial Math Instructor. FAx serves children, youth, and adults, offering Orton Gillingham, Remedial Math, Educational Therapy, and Remedial Math support. Click here for more information.
Remedial Math Instructors are in high demand throughout the lower mainland. Our Remedial Math Instructors work with students to gain the confidence and competence needed to engage in math assignments independently over time.
What we are offering:
- 21 hours of remote self-paced Multisensory Math Instruction to be completed between August 22 – 24, 2023. 12 hours of in-person training and instruction on delivering remedial math instruction (three 4-hour sessions at times to be determined with our instructor)
- FAx onboarding from August 29th to 31st.
- Working with students in the 1:1 Remedial Math Instruction program. Expect to work with 3-5 students twice per week in year one and 6 students twice per week in year two. (Hours are Monday-Thursday between 4:00-7:00 pm)
- The Remedial Math Instruction practicum includes a minimum of six observations will be completed in year one, but this may be extended into year two as needed.
- Remedial Math Instructor mentorship will be received for the duration of the contract.
- Pay is $35 per session (increased to $48.50 per session after the first six months).
What we are looking for:
- Applicants with a passion for working with children and youth (K-12) in the field of mathematics.
- A commitment to a maximum of 12 hours per week (4:00 to 7:00 pm, Monday to Thursday).
- A minimum two-year commitment from September to June each year (including 3 weeks off at winter break and two weeks off at spring break).
Interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Erin Kline, Executive Director, FAx. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job please visit faxoutreach.bamboohr.com.