FAx, Fraser Academy’s Outreach Centre, serves learners in the community from elementary school to university who struggle with learning differences such as dyslexia, math and executive function. We provide professional development for educators and educational consulting for families, schools, and individuals.
We are seeking a part-time remedial math specialist to join our After3 team. As a member of the team you will work one-to-one with students K-12 who have difficulty with number sense and developing skills in numeracy. You are a passionate educator skilled at adapting your instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners. You will create individualized student lesson plans to support students at their level of need. Lessons are personalized to each student and based on students’ individual learning profiles.
Position Type: Part-time
Reports to: Jo Stebbings, After3 Coordinator
• Work 1:1 with students after school Monday to Thursday from 4:00 to 7:00 pm
• Sessions are 50 minutes and a minimum of two times per week
• Design and implement diagnostic and prescriptive lessons in a multi-sensory manner
• Create individual student lesson plans based on student IEP/profile
• Be familiar with psycho-educational assessments
• Participate in professional development opportunities
• Complete twice yearly progress reports
• Attend meetings as required
• Provide written and oral communication with parents
• Provide a structured, flexible, enthusiastic learning experience for students
• Thrive in a collaborative, supportive team environment
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• An active commitment to ongoing professional growth
• Exemplary communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills (students, colleagues, and parents)
• 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics
• 2 years working with students in remedial math
• Work with students with learning differences preferred
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to FAx at [email protected] Please note only those shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.