Orton-Gillingham Language Instructor (Internship)
Are you looking for a way to use your expertise in English?
Are you passionate about working with children who need to build literacy skills?
Fraser Academy’s Outreach Center (FAx), is offering English undergraduate students or those having recently completed a BA/BEd in a related field paid internships as Orton-Gillingham Language Instructors. This is a two year internship program.
FAx serves children and youth with dyslexia and language-based learning differences by providing Orton-Gillingham (OG) Remedial Language Instruction. OG is a multisensory, structured, research-based approach to teaching reading, writing and spelling. Certified Orton-Gillingham instructors are in high demand throughout the lower mainland.
Click here for more information.
What we are offering:
- 70 hours of OG training free of charge, excluding books and materials. In person training takes place from August 21st to 25th, September 9th and 23rd from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Remote training sessions occur on September 27th, October 18th, November 1st, and November 15th from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm on Zoom.
- FAx onboarding from August 29th to 31st.
- An opportunity to teach literacy skills for up to six students twice per week.
- Orton-Gillingham certification from the OGA (upon completion of a two-year practicum).
- 50% off the cost of the practicum, which includes a minimum of 10 observations.
- Internship pay of $35 per session (increased to $48.50 after the first 6 months).
What we are looking for:
- English undergraduate students or those having recently completed a BA/BEd in a related field with a passion for working with children (K-7).
- A commitment to a maximum of 12 sessions per week (4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, Monday to Thursday).
- A minimum two-year commitment from September to June each year (including 3 weeks off at winter break and 2 weeks off at spring break).
Interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Erin Kline, Executive Director, FAx. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job please visit faxoutreach.bamboohr.com.