Fraser Academy is seeking a permanent full-time Learning Specialist to join our team for the 2021-2022 school year.
Fraser Academy is a fully-accredited day school, which focuses on educating students in Grades 2-12 with language-based learning disabilities. These students are taught in small class sizes with up to ten students. Each student receives one-to-one language training daily and works with a variety of subject specialist teachers.
As a member of the Learning Services team and an Orton Gillingham trained educator, you will be involved in creating individualized student learning plans and designing and implementing lessons to build literacy, executive functioning and cognitive processing for students with learning differences such as dyslexia. This role requires someone who can demonstrate excellence in instructional practices and who has a passion for remedial education.
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
Reports to: Director of Learning Services
● Work 1:1 with students
● Design and implement lessons following tenets of Orton Gillingham and mediated learning
● Create individual student learning plans based on student IEP/profile
● Facilitate individualized instruction of Executive Function curriculum
● Complete regular reports, year plans, and contribute to IEP’s
● Supervise groups of children during recess, lunch, and/or after school
● Participate in professional development opportunities
● Integrate fully in school life
● Provide a structured, flexible, enthusiastic learning experience for students
● Thrive in a collaborative, supportive team environment
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● An active commitment to ongoing professional growth
● Exemplary communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills (students, colleagues, and parents)
● Orton Gillingham Certification
● 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree
● 2 year’s experience working with students with learning differences
● English degree an asset
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Colleen Chow, Director of Learning Services: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.