About Fraser Academy:
Fraser Academy (FA) is an independent school in Kitsilano, Vancouver, BC serving students in Gr. 1-12 with dyslexia and language-based learning differences through day and outreach programs. We serve a gap in the system where approximately 20% of the student population is under-served by mainstream education. The ripple impact of our programming also adds great social value. While our student population has skills and strengths which are in demand in the 21st century, it can also be vulnerable to mental health, substance abuse, higher drop-out rates, and other risks when not supported.
We are proud to be at the forefront of educational practices, providing a learner-centric environment with the most effective research-based methods to optimize personalized learning, cognitive, social and emotional development, and post-secondary opportunities setting our students up for a successful life. For more information please visit us at www.fraseracademy.ca.
Start Date: August 28th, 2023
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Junior School
As a member of the Fine Arts and Applied Skills team, you will play an important role in developing fine art skills and competencies in students and promoting good creative and critical thinking as it relates to the arts. You will work with a collaborative, dynamic team of educators and staff who are passionate about the success of all learners. This role requires someone who can adapt and adjust their teaching to meet the diverse needs of each learner and is passionate about student success. Excellent instructional practice and an eagerness to learn and grow as an educator are required for this role. This position may also include one academic block, Learning Services block, or a TOC component. This role reports to the Director of Junior School.
- Belong to and collaborate with a team of dedicated professionals
- Continue professional growth and learning through a variety of development opportunities
- Participate in field trips, outdoor education trips, athletics, clubs, and leadership development
- Plan, teach & assess your students in accordance with BC Ministry of Education Curriculum and our Fine Arts program, which includes:
- Instructing students in drawing, painting, ceramics, and sculpture
- Instructing students in art theory, visual art elements, the principles of design, and image development strategies
- Support the development of IEPs for students in your classes
- Collaborate with faculty members to ensure students receive the highest quality education and programming
- Provide ongoing feedback to students and parent/guardians regarding student progress
- Participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities that enhance students’ experiences at school
- Provides a dynamic, innovative, adaptive, and enthusiastic learning experience for students
- Thrives in a collaborative, flexible, and supportive team environment
- Strong organizational, time management skills
- An active commitment to ongoing professional growth and development
- Exemplary communication in English (oral and written) and interpersonal skills (students, colleagues, parents)
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Education, Elementary focus
- BC Teacher Certification (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience teaching Fine Arts is an asset
- Work with students who have learning differences is preferred
- Independent school experience and coaching/extracurricular experience are all assets
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Erin Cranston, Director of Junior School. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by encouraging applications from all qualified job seekers, including those from traditionally underrepresented communities.
Please visit the Fraser Academy website to apply for this position.
To apply for this job please visit fraseracademy.bamboohr.com.