Exciting Executive Function (EF) Coach Internship Opportunity
Are you looking for a way to use your expertise in executive function skills and/or coaching? Do you possess great study and self-regulation skills that you feel would benefit others?
Fraser Academy’s Outreach Center (FAx), is offering undergraduate students or those having recently completed a BA/BEd in a related field paid internships as a 1:1 Executive Function (EF) Coach. This is a two year internship program.
FAx serves children, youth, and adults, offering Orton Gillingham, Remedial Math, Educational Therapy, and EF Coaching support. Click here for more information.
EF Coaches are in high demand throughout the lower mainland. Our EF Coaches work with students to gain independence with self-management skills. This includes helping them to stay organized, plan and prioritize tasks, manage time better, maintain focus, self-reflect and build efficient study skills.
What we are offering:
- 30 hours of Executive Function Coach training, including coaching materials. The in-person training takes place from August 22 – 24, 2023. 12 hours of remote training will be completed at your own pace between August 1-18th.
- FAx onboarding from August 29th to 31st.
- An opportunity to work with students in the 1:1 EF Coaching program. Expect between 5-10 sessions per week in year one and 12 sessions per week in year two.
- An EF Coaching practicum including a minimum of six observations will be completed in year one, but this may be extended into year two as needed.
- EF Coaching mentorship will be received for the duration of the contract.
- Pay is $35 per session (increased to $48.50 per session after the first six months).
What we are looking for:
- Applicants with a passion for working with children and youth (K-12) in a related field (psychology, education, etc).
- A commitment to a maximum of 12 hours per week (4:00 to 7:00 pm, Monday to Thursday).
- A minimum two-year commitment from September to June each year (including 3 weeks off at winter break and two weeks off at spring break).
Interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Erin Kline, Executive Director, FAx. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job please visit faxoutreach.bamboohr.com.