Bus Driver (Part Time)
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible
Stratford Hall is currently seeking a driver for a morning route in Burnaby.
Routes are Monday to Friday from 6:00am to 9:00am on all days school is in session.
Located in Vancouver, BC, Stratford Hall is home to 530 students and a faculty and staff of over 100 teachers and support staff. Our graduates attend the top post-secondary schools in Canada, the U.S. and abroad. Stratford Hall was the first IB continuum school in BC and has a rich tradition of educational excellence and personal development in the Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Vehicle inspection per Transport Canada guidelines
- Fueling and cleaning of fleet; ensure vehicles are cleaned and hygienic
- Transport children to and from school in the mornings and afternoons and as required to and from school to attend events or activities
- Verify permissions for children who ride home with friends
- Maintain a clean and mechanically-sound bus at all times
- Obey all traffic laws
- Perform inspections of the bus before and after each route; such as checking the bus tires, lights, and oil and other basic maintenance
- Assist students with getting on and off the bus when required
- Before stopping, operate stop sign and flashing lights on bus to alert traffic
- Pick up and drop off kids at designated locations
- Follow a planned route on a time schedule
- Help disabled children get on and off the bus
- Ensure children stay in their assigned seat at all times
- Inform Facilities of unruly children
- Follow safety procedures to make sure they and all kids are safe
- Keep passengers informed of possible delays
- Listen to alerts about bad weather
- Carefully navigate roads and watch for ice, debris, or slippery spots
- Report accidents immediately
- Call police during an emergency
- Patient and a keen listener
- Work collaboratively with effective communication within the Facilities department
- Demonstrated polite and respectful interactions with all school community members
- English language comprehension level for effective verbal and written communication
*Must have experience driving students*
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Current and valid Bus driving license class 4
- Previous bus driving experience required
- Demonstrated safety record and knowledge of safe procedures
- On call occasionally to respond to needs of school and / or for emergencies
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work a variable schedule as needed
All interested applicants must forward a resume, current driver’s abstract and driver factor report, attention Facilities Manager [email protected]
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, including applicants from historically underrepresented groups such as BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability and require accommodation in either the recruitment process or on the job, we will work together with you to provide the reasonable workplace accommodations you need.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $27.00 per hour
Job Type: Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
Licence: Drivers License (Required)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.