Accounts Payable Coordinator
Start as soon as possible
Working at York House School
York House School is a vibrant and close-knit school community where people feel valued, engaged, and connected to the school. All Staff contribute towards our rigorous and innovative programs that enable our Yorkies to develop knowledge, skills, and global competencies to succeed in the world beyond our doors.
About this Role
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the efficient day-to-day operation of the accounts payable function. This position provides exceptional service and exemplifies a caring, can-do attitude. Demonstrating initiative and pride in performance, the accounts payable coordinator contributes positively to a respectful and productive work environment and facilitates strong professional relationships among the YHS community.
Manages the accounts payable function:
- Verify, process, and reconcile a wide range of payable transactions, prioritizing invoices according to payment terms
- Liaise with staff and vendors to promptly resolve issues and ensure internal controls and policies are strictly adhered to
- Maintain all files and documentation in accordance to school policies; ensure accurate reporting and reconciliation in the school’s financial accounting system; work with auditors as required
- Coordinate and prepare documentation for wire transfers, electronic fund transfers, and all other forms of outgoing payments and ensuring that staff follow proper procedure
- Assist in monthly and year-end closing procedures including providing assistance with set up of all prepaid expenses, reconciliation of all capital purchases and preparation of accruals
- Record-keeping, reconciling, accounting for company credit cards, and liaising with cardholders on company policy and collection of receipts
- Manage vendor relations and accounts held with vendors
- Provide coverage for other finance functions, as needed
Performs other related duties:
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Finance, when necessary
- Undertake special projects, events and other duties, as requested
- Other duties may be assigned
Education / Experience:
- Three (3) years experience in an accounts payable role
- Completion of a certificate or college diploma in business administration, accounting or related area. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that fosters collaborative and productive relationships with a diverse group of people
- Exceptional attention to detail and a strong aptitude for working with numbers.
- Familiarity with accounting practices and internal controls
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- A positive, can-do attitude and a commitment to the YHS values of integrity, empathy, responsibility, respect and courage
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and deadlines, especially in the face of regular interruptions
- High degree of integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills in word processing, presentations, spreadsheets and databases
- Willingness to learn and assist various departments as needed
- Familiarity with Blackbaud software, an asset
Please apply online here.
This posting will remain open until the position is filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. All employees of YHS must be able to provide a passed vulnerable sector screening criminal record report. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About York House School
York House School, located in the heart of Vancouver, is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls. Founded in 1932 by seven progressive and insightful women, York House provides an outstanding education for approximately 650 girls from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. For more information about York House School, please visit our website at yorkhouse.ca.
To apply for this job please visit yorkhouse.bamboohr.com.